View Poll Results: Do you watch anime Subtitled or Dubbed?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subtitled only

15 30.00%
  • Both, but i prefer subtitles

12 24.00%
  • Both, no preference

11 22.00%
  • Both, but i prefer Dubbed

6 12.00%
  • Dubbed only

0 0%
  • OOH! SHINY BUTTON!

6 12.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dubbing vs. Subtitling

Newbie silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dubbing vs. Subtitling

Subs for sure. If you've watch Kenshin in japanese and watch the dubbed version you want to kill something whenever they say "manslayer'

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks

on that i must agree.

if you're gonna dubb it, dubb it right!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Newbie Mage Majic may be famous one day Mage Majic may be famous one day Mage Majic's Avatar
    Thanks

To me it depends on the voice acting. If the sub voice acting is bad then I'll watch the dub and vice-versa.
    Defending your country doesn't mean that your cause for fighting is to defend the people or the government of your nation.

Newbie silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie may be famous one day silversurfie's Avatar
    Thanks

wait that almost didnt make sense. Subs dont really have a 'voice' its just text. Now if you said if the original voice acting was bad then yes that would make sense. But honestly if the original voice acting was bad dont you think the dub will be even worse? There is always a drop off in most dubbed anime.

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

Only subs. Dubs sound horrible... 99% of the time. Acting is not just action and expression but the voice as well and the voice is a huge part of acting!!

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks

I choose both. While I do watched my anime subtitled majority of the time, I also enjoy watching the dubs to hear the difference between voices. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. In reality, there really isn't any difference between the two at all. Anime is anime; dubbed or subbed. If you want to see my whole spheal on the Dub vs Sub ordeal, check out this thread: What idiot dubble dubs anime!
    Last edited by zerosconcubine; Jul 12, 2005 at 12:30 AM.
    JOURNAL|SHEZZYART|ROCKDUB

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

Kimiki

Both. I despise the horrible acting and voices in most dubs, but it's a lot easier to follow the plot when you don't have to read subtitles the whole way.

It usually doesn't matter if the voices don't make me want to shoot myself and it's unedited.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast