View Poll Results: Do you watch anime Subtitled or Dubbed?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subtitled only

15 30.00%
  • Both, but i prefer subtitles

12 24.00%
  • Both, no preference

11 22.00%
  • Both, but i prefer Dubbed

6 12.00%
  • Dubbed only

0 0%
  • OOH! SHINY BUTTON!

6 12.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Dubbing vs. Subtitling

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dubbing vs. Subtitling

Actually, my answer is a odd one. I like both in a way. See I would rather watch the dubbed first so that I can enjoy watching it first without having to read the subtitles. Then, I watch it in japanese with subtitles so I know what is going on because I watched the dubbed version first. Does that make sense?

However, I have to admit that I refuse to watch dubbed versions of anime's that I was introduced in the subtitled version first. Some dubs are just honestly painful. Put it on mute.

Michelle

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not a picky consumer. I watch anime any way I can get it. Heck, I watch adult swim all the time. The one thing that I don't like is hearing the same voice in different anime. This seems to happen more often in the dubbed versions. For the most part I enjoy both subbed and dubbed copies of a show. I have actually been told not to watch the subbed version of Last Exile(which by the way is a very very good series), because the japanese voice acting was horrible.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm.... the subbed of last exile wasn't too bad..... (3 eps away from finishing myself) and i havent had a chance to watch it dubbed yet......

i might be surprized........

sofar the only anime i've watched that i prefered the english to was Ah! My Goddess because 1 the dialogue made more sense than the subbed version and 2 they didnot transdub the songs (i hate when they transdub the song lyrics!)

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6