Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The EBAY case.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

The EBAY case.

Just to tell "I buy stuff on Ebay" and some may react like a H-bomb was in motion. But to tell the truth, The net-shopping is not this bad. But you have to be carfull.

Last month, I got 4 Serie of anime for only 100.00$ US.
    Got : Cowboy bebop all 26 ep, Trigun also all 26 ep, .Hack//sing (26 ep) and the 13 ep of hellsing. All was brand new factoy seal, in collector box, in good state, zone 1 and subtitle in english.

But the thing that is bothering me is, How could I get this opportunity. Is this stuff stoled or what. do the seller(s) got deal on big amount of these or it is just cause the stuff is not selling verywell.
    Coming soon.........

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The EBAY case.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it." In otherwords... don't try to figure out something you don't want to know. As long as you bought it from a legitimate site, you should be covered from the feds. reclaiming it, at least without a refund. But you're right about being careful. I could make a program to steal all sorts of information, even from a legitimate website like that and I'm only 18. So anyone who knows what they're doing could steal any information you store or send on the computer. The select few ruin it for us all!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Easist way to tell if you got Bootlegged stuff is to check what company made it.

I looked around and here are the companies that have the Distro rights for those series here in North America:
    Cowboy Beebop - Bandai Visual
    .hack//SIGN - Bandai Visual
    Hellsing - Pioneer Animation

If the copies you got aren't by those company's, you most likely have bootlegged Anime.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If that was a Cowboy Bebop collectors box, then it's probably a bootleg. The Collectors box was a limited edition that's been out of print since the end of 2001.

This is what the 'Official' collectors art box looks like...

Official Bandai Product webpage...
    http://www.bandai-ent.com/products/p...ils.cfm?id=134

I would report the seller to Bandai Entertainment as a peddler of counterfeit goods...

The Pirate Anime FAQ webpage has additional information on how to detect Bootleg Anime products...
    http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

Although a lot of junk out there is bootlegged there is still some good deals out there..And bad ones.

If you suspect they're bootlegged and want to do something about it you're welcome to contact interpol with your claim and see what happens (most likely very little). I purchased a copy of "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ....and Spring", the Korean version before it hit North American shores. WHen I got it and opened it up the DVD was scratched near the center deeply, the case had a lot of mould lines and the cover wasn't sharp. AN obvious bootleg as it had shrink wrap on it when I received it. It was unplayable but the user dissappeared after I got it.

Anyhow, it happens. The real less is that you don't really need that junk anyway.

[J]

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

It could also be real, especially if it's in the "factoy seal". There are alot of US businesses that clear their stock items they can't sell locally over e-bay. The stuff has sometimes been on their hands for over 10 years. Could they get more if they discounted locally? Probably. But it's one of the first rules of retail stores that sell stuff like anime, collector card/figures, and gaming supplies to never disount locally. Their traditional customers are cheep. If they discount a product in their retail store the local customers will often stop buying retail prices and just wait for the products they want to hit "sale". Since that will drive a store out of business within a year (I've seen it happen twice) the smart ones just don't do it.

So if the cover is the same as the picture LenMiyata posted, you just got lucky, and the rest of us can envy you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Personal satisfaction is an issue with bootlegs/pirates as well. Before I knew much about pirates, I bought some CDs off "reputable" anime sites (not eBay). While the production level was somewhat impressive, the sound quality was a bit poor. As it turns out, Son May (SM) has a history of producing anime pirates. :P I chalked it up to experience, and if I want an anime/j-pop CD, I pay the real (exorbitant) price. While you may not notice on video as much, the sound will probably be a bit off (in 5.1).

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i love internet shopping, i am not much into human contact so i buy everything online. ebay is tricky because once my brother tried ot buy a car and he almost got ripped off and would have lost 4 grand... it depends the people yo uare dealing with. but if your gut instinct tells you that something is too good ot be true, you can do two things:
    1. take it in, bear teh guilt and put your gut feeling aside and feel blessed to find a bargain
    2. you can go with your gut feeling and not buy it and find something more expensive from somewhere you trust.

either way you might lose, but the 2nd way you pay money which isn't the point of shopping onlin and ebay, and by goign with your first option you might lose your money and get bad dvds.... ya never know. but personally i woudl go for the bootleg stuff, it's still anime..... it's not my fault if the companies would make dvds cheaper i would buy them instead of bootleg stuff online...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast