Thread: The effects of Brain Lobe damage

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

The effects of Brain Lobe damage

Brain damage can be either severe or mild. It affects everyone in different ways, but its very interesting how it occurs. Case in point, today in my PSYC 1 class (Intro to Psyc) we were watching a movie that intrigued me.

The film had a woman who had a stroke. She lost all of her STM (Short term memory), hence she was permanently "stuck in the present". She would forget people she literally met three minutes ago, and sang songs about the days of when she was stuck in women's rights movement, and how she used to be a phone operator (50 years ago). Doctors said if she didn't sing these songs, she would continue to regress, and probably forget those "50 years ago".

Another case argued about how a "nearsighted man" was mentally living in the 70's, but his IQ was not very high. He also suffered from STM loss, and his memory activation was also, initiated by music. But the thing was...this "nearsighted man" was actually blind. His memories were of when he had vision.

All of these stories are fascinating, and I'm lucky that I don't have any family members who experience situations like that (with brain damage). The woman had experienced hippocampus damage...as for the man, I'm not too sure.

Personally, I've been quite forgetful lately. Yikes! Hehe, does anyone have any other personal situations like that?!

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The effects of Brain Lobe damage

You know I would really hate to be all of these people who are diagnoused every day with some sort of brain cancer or even brain damage and all and thy are damaged for life and all and things that people can and can't do. I feel bad for those people and I thank God that he has blessed me with all the abilities of life and he hasn't taken any of my mind from me.
    i wonder if there is a way to reverse major brain loss i know that there has been alot of research done in the matter and all but i haven't heard a whole lot here recently. Maybe one day they will find a big way to reverse all of the problems.
    I know that I work with a guy who has Downs syndrome and all and he is a very nice person and all and we all treat him like a normal person but think how hard it is sometimes for people like that and all. Just don't ever make them mad because they are strong and all and if you make them mad you will learn not to do it again.
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The effects of Brain Lobe damage

A year ago my aunt was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, and underwent chemotherapy. Sadly on the 13 of September, she passed away, and she was only 45...but she was one of the most Godly people I knew, she even was doing church work while undergoing her cancer treatment! It's a terrible thing, brain trauma is...