Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The effects of losing someone important to you

Newbie Zero Cool may be famous one day Zero Cool may be famous one day Zero Cool's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The effects of losing someone important to you

My friend died in a train accident, it was really horrilble, I had exams in that week, so yuo will guess I didn't pass that year, but I think you will get over it.
    "We saw him, we did,well..you know what they say about rats"

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I never knew how much I depended upon my great aunt. I found myself referring to her more and more and missing her. Saying how much she couldve helped this person and that.

My mother caused another effect. She never told me my aunt passed, I heard from a friend. To this day she has not said that my aunt passed. I'm starting to act the same way. If something pains me I'll keep that something to myself. Even if I need to tell my mother.
    Seduced by Flesh

Newbie Japyez may be famous one day Japyez may be famous one day Japyez's Avatar
    Thanks

About 4 years ago, my childhood friend died, car accident. And it just had to happen when I was there. The two-lanes road was clear,and she was crossing the road to meet me, when a car came speeding. It all happened very fast..I just don't know,until now, who to blame. Sometimes, I just wondered if I was the one who caused it,or was it just written down that she had to die like that..

But what I really regret is : I didn't get to show her the present I bought for her that day..

However,the more I think about it, the more I should forget about what happened and move on.
    Lurving him..souji-chan ^-^ naoya |tsuk|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I'm not judging anyone in this thread, the effects can be very unpredictable.
    That's what this thread is about.
    like tryin to killin you're self for thinkin that person has been lost is you're fault.
    Where did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Japyez
    About 4 years ago, my childhood friend died, car accident. And it just had to happen when I was there. The two-lanes road was clear,and she was crossing the road to meet me, when a car came speeding. It all happened very fast..I just don't know,until now, who to blame. Sometimes, I just wondered if I was the one who caused it,or was it just written down that she had to die like that..

But what I really regret is : I didn't get to show her the present I bought for her that day..

However,the more I think about it, the more I should forget about what happened and move on.
    So do you think her death has affected you in a way that's not very obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Solking
    Well when I went through my Black Year where 12 of my friends died in a big gang war, I actually lost all emotions. To this very day I have't smiled or even showed I care anymore.
    I wouldn't call that a less obvious effect.
    Also, I kinda doubt you have lost all your emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    I never knew how much I depended upon my great aunt. I found myself referring to her more and more and missing her. Saying how much she couldve helped this person and that.

My mother caused another effect. She never told me my aunt passed, I heard from a friend. To this day she has not said that my aunt passed. I'm starting to act the same way. If something pains me I'll keep that something to myself. Even if I need to tell my mother.
    That sounds like a potentially harmful effect.
    You have to get these things off of your chest. I recommend talking about your aunt with your mother.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

My grandmother passed away in 2000, a few months after my high school graduation. I was devistated at the time, of course, but it was only about a year ago that it really began to take its toll on me. I started having a lot of dreams about her, both of her being healthy and alive, and of being sick and dying. In the ones where she is healthy, I remember so clearly being happy. Then I would wake up and just start crying. And at the oddest times, I'll get this pain of just missing her, usually when it involves something we used to do together, like watch hockey, or make breakfast, or do laundry (I lived with her for almost 10 years).
    Just this Saturday, one of my aunts passed away from cancer. This is the 3rd death in my family in the last 1 1/2 years, and now I'm really beginning to realize my mortality. 2 of those deaths were very sudden, without warning, and 2 others (my grandmother's and aunt's) were from cancer. So now, in the back of my mind, I am aware of the fact that I could die at any moment. I know that it sounds morbid, but in a way, it has affected me, at least subconsciously, because I think about my family a lot more, and about taking care of myself, and expressing love and thanks whenever possible. I'm not sure if one would consider that a less obvious effect of a loved one's death, but I would think so, since I don't really think about dying all the time. I just seem to make a more concerted effort at getting the most out of life, and living it to the fullest.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

While my grandfather was near death, I felt quite affected by it. While going to visit my mother, he died. But while I was going to see my mother in the bus, I had started to write about various subjects, friendship, love, truth and fantasy, life, death, the human spirit and time. After the funeral, I continued to write and AO saw ne write a few things in the past, thought I eventually left. When I came back here though, writting nice poems or thoughts weren't qutie allowed anymore...saddly.

So in my case, death caused an overflow of feelings needed to be evacuated so I started writting. I think its quite a positive consequence IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Well ... I lost my cousin about 5 years ago ... He and I were like peas in a pod. We were really close - He was one of the only people I felt I could truly be myself around. We talked a lot about a lot of things.

Rather than feeling depressed or angry ... I felt empowered. Through my cousin I was able to see who I am, and how being myself around everyone wasn't such a bad thing after all. So in a sense his death made me a stronger person. Mainly because I knew that if he were still alive, and I were crying all the time, he'd smack me in the back of the head and say "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Newbie WaNaBeFaNgIrL may be famous one day WaNaBeFaNgIrL may be famous one day WaNaBeFaNgIrL's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this may not seem to sad... but. In july 30 my cat died. I had her for 7 years and she was my baby. I moved a lot in my life but my cat was ways there. And this may seem silly but I dont care... but I felt like me and her where very much alike. I had best friends but every year or so they would move on and blaa but my cat was always there. I wasnt home the day she died I was at a firends house and my mom went there to tell me. She was balling and as soon as she told me I didnt know what to do. It still dosnt seem like its reall and that shes gone...I really dont think it ever will. But anyway I loved her more then anything and I wish i was there that day. lol and you could ask anyone of my friends and family, they all new how close me and my cat where. She would fallow me around and stuff... she was handy cap to so she was something specul to me. .. um yeah lol and thats it.
    www.senchi-con.cjb.net
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt./ Be careless in your dress if you must, but keep a tidy soul./ Shut the door. Not that it lets in the cold but that it lets out the coziness. Figer who wrote them i'll give you a cookiey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast