Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ~Elfen Lied~Anyone seen it yet?

Newbie Lil Kis may be famous one day Lil Kis may be famous one day
    Thanks

~Elfen Lied~Anyone seen it yet?

I just bought the dubbed dvd and box set at [[link removed] for a cheap price. Anyways I have been reading great reveiws from this fantastic 13 episode series. So has any1 seen this yet and if so the dubbed version? I wanna know how good the dubbed voice acting is. Also if this is better than Fullmetal Alchemist

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    i havn't seen it yet, but i've had it described to me as "chobits on crack" lol

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Comparing Elven Lied to Full Metal Alchemist is like comparing Apples to Ugly Bloodthirsty Vampires... The short description of Elfen Lied would be a romantic comedy with moody homicidal little girls with psychic powers. Very much different from FMA, and in fact, very much different from just about any other anime series that I know of... (But if you can stand the gratuitous violence, it is a very good series, and is probably one of the best releases to come out this year...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Lil Kis may be famous one day Lil Kis may be famous one day
    Thanks
    So it's better than Fullmetal Alchemist your sayin?

Is it as depressing and crazy and sad as the end of evangelion?

Newbie visualacuity may be famous one day visualacuity may be famous one day visualacuity's Avatar
    Thanks
    the intro is so bloody...and the matter of being better than FMA.. i disagree with it... yet it does share the same passion for violence and gore scene....
    .::[ Semper Fi]::.

Newbie shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi may be famous one day shinkusanagi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I just bought this dvd the other day. It's been a while since i saw an anime with alot of blood

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yay "Chobits on Crack" thats funny! and as for the great description by Len, welll.. it is about accurate. sad but true!
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    No it's not more depressing than End of Evangelion.
    That movie is the ultimate depressing anime.

Elfen Lied can't really be compared with any other anime out there... it is it's own genre.
    But if you had to compare it to anything, I like to call it
    'Love Hina meets Chobits meets Hellsing meets X'
    I loved it. Despite the sheer amount of nudity, blood and gore I still enjoyed it. I like how it takes a sterotypical harem type storyline and actually give's it 'A STORY.' Which is something alot of harem anime don't have. I also found it one to the most heart wrenching, and at time most distrubing anime I've yet to see.
    There's just something quite terrifing about cute little 3 - 14 year old girls ripping people apart.
    Once you see past episode 5, you'll understand what I mean. But yes, Elfen Lied is worth it.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; May 26, 2005 at 07:02 AM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast