Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emo Parents Protest burger king star wars toys.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I dont know I can see the parent's argument but Burger King's intentions are to make money, nothing more. This seems to be just another case of people wanting to complain. Ultimately its not a big deal to most of society, but a few people have to start something about it.

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    I dont know I can see the parent's argument but Burger King's intentions are to make money, nothing more. This seems to be just another case of people wanting to complain. Ultimately its not a big deal to most of society, but a few people have to start something about it.
    which is why we'll never have world peace. some ppl are always too bored.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is, Episode III is rated PG-13. How many 13 year olds (and older) buy happy meals??? So why is Burger King marketing to kids younger then the suggested viewing age... (That is, besides the $$$...)
    ....eh.....i do thats a confession...well i think i do at least im kinda pathetic saying this....
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensui
    which is why we'll never have world peace. some ppl are always too bored.
    Agreed. I know this is a little off topic, but this goes under the theory that you cant please everyone and even simple things such as happy meal toys can be misconstrued as a marketing device to make kids want to (to steal from another recent thread) make real lightsabers and accidentally burn their faces off (although in fairness it was a 20 year old in that case). No one is safe anymore. Everyone is so paranoid about even the smallest things that they will argue it til they are blue in the face or indeed forget what it was they were arguing about (see South Park: The Movie, they touched on the subject a little )

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    ya, those parents are like, oh noes my 12 yr old baby is getting badly influenced by your happy meals! that has star wars on it! what are we ever going to do?

little do they know, that '12 yr old baby' is probably sexually active in this day and age. it's sad, i know, but ya...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2