Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: The End of the Democratic Party is at hand!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I wasn't think THAT far back when I made that statement, Cuz really The Federalist just kinda sided with Republicans if I remember right, Irregardless, Both parties have practically sewn themselves into our american society, and I don't foresee any "downfall" of either parties so long that america is a Democracy.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Irregardless.
    :Thumbd: why wont this word just go away!??!

The end is important in all things.

Banned-looks like you were beat hunh little kid the_weird_one may be famous one day the_weird_one may be famous one day the_weird_one's Avatar
    Thanks
    i hate John Kerry. i mean, his freikin face is so deformed! i am glad he lost.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Well, I wasn't think THAT far back when I made that statement, Cuz really The Federalist just kinda sided with Republicans if I remember right, Irregardless, Both parties have practically sewn themselves into our american society, and I don't foresee any "downfall" of either parties so long that america is a Democracy.
    If that were true we wouldn't have 'The Bill of Rights'.

Nothing lasts forever. No party is immune. It's up to the people whether to support them or not. Funny though. Every paper I pick up can't stop talking about this. Even the extreme Democratic supporters believe choosing Dean is a big mistake.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

忍び Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Actually both the Democratic and Republican parties weren't around at the begining. One or the other falling would do nothing to end the country. A potitical party falling to the side is natural once it's constituency decides it is no longer serving it's needs. For a few years the remaining party is dominant until it splits into two or a previously minor party steps into the gap. Sometimes you even get 3 parties for a time until one of them makes a fatal mistake and the other two become dominant. It's happened before and it will happen again.

The origanal parties in the US were the Federalists and the Democratic-Republican party also known as Jeffersonian Republicans or the Republican Party not to be confused with the current one. The Democratic-Republican party actually had more in common with the current Democratic party and in fact both the Democratic and Republican parties evolved from them. Surprise.
    I'm impressed. Quite a rarity to see an intelligent, coherent post around this place.

Plus, you have saved me the trouble of having to type out a similar response.
    Last edited by Tychoides; Feb 12, 2005 at 11:04 PM.
    I don't have a God complex. I am God.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoides
    I'm impressed. Quite a rarity to see an intelligent, coherent post around this place.

Plus, you have saved me the trouble of having to type out a similar response.
    really, that's intelligent??

anyone who read a history book in college should know the earlier parties: the whigs, know-nothings, Populists etc.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

忍び Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    really, that's intelligent??

anyone who read a history book in college should know the earlier parties: the whigs, know-nothings, Populists etc.
    You are correct, but I can guarantee that the majority of people around here wouldn't have known those parties.
    I don't have a God complex. I am God.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Probably because the majority of people here haven't been to college yet. (See "How old are you: Poll" )
    Can you two leave me out of your on going arguement about intellegence?

(Back to you're regularly schedualed thread?)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5