Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the U.S

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Haha. He isn't going to destroy the world, not by himself! If the world were to end any time soon, though, it would be because N. Korea and Dubya got into a tiffle about nuclear weapons. In that case, though, N. Korea would probably fire the first missile, so I wouldn't blame Dubya for that.
    Lol, bush destroy the world. That's the first time i ever heard that. I wouldn't blame Dubya for it either. But i do think the world will be destroy by nuclear weapons. But i don't really like to worry to much bout the world ending and all. To depressing.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    I am somehow skeptic as to why China would suddenly want to "conquer" the U.S.A.

Are you kidding me. So, because some products are being made over in China, that is supposed to prevent us from having any technological advance of some sort?

There is only one country that I can think of right now, which might have more technology, and that is Japan. Not even Russia, who likes to appear as a great power in the world, is doing all that well.
    No it doesn't but in the long run, it's nearly impossible to keep such a big gap between technologies. And not "some products" but a really good amount, I don't remember the number exactly, but it was quite larger according to "the most trusted name in news" CNN.

Anyways, it's not going to happen tomorrow, or anytime soon I bet. But you never know~ Everyday is a new day!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    But, yeah, the US probably wouldn't get into a civil war yet... Still, you never know (who knows? Maybe the Gay movement will cause it? Nahhhh... No offense to anyone, but I doubt it has enough followers to cause a HUGE commotion).
    Ahh, so you propose the U.S. will fall because of a civil war caused and led by gays. Sounds kinky, but dream on.

Umm... this might be outdated, but I thought India was more advanced
    India..?

Also, isn't Russia having MAJOR economical problems? Something about their environment beign completely DEAD
    Russia has more than just environment problems. Most of the money that Russia has is owned by the government and some rich people. Basically, Russia has a Higher, richer class, skips the middle class, and has a lower class. Most of Russia is populated by the lower class, although I don't have any facts or numbers. The poor people don't really have a chance to get richer, either, as private business isn't exactly 'booming.' Schools aren't that good. Some children are picked by the government to go these special skills where they can be trained to do things, such as gymnastics and other things, such as those that get you to the Olympics. Also, there are many homeless people in Russia.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, we are forgetting one other way empires fall: Civil War, which leads to an obscene weakening of the country IN GENERAL, which can topple big power-houses... Didn't the ancient Greeks fall after the Pelopennesien War (probably mangled the spelling)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    All modern day republics, and democracies are similar to both Rome and Greece, because that's where they first originated from.

I believe that the U.S. will lose more and more of its freedoms due to corruption within the gorvernment. I believe that eventually some figure head within the government will asume all power, but in the end it will spark a wide spread rebellion that will end our government, and we'll end up splitting the U.S. up into several independent countries
    This falls under "3. Corruption from within", and is very possible. I like to call it the "King Men" senario. Basically if the society as a whole becomes weak enough then it creates opportunity for elitists.
    e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

1. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
    2. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

elitist

n : someone who believes in rule by an elite group
    One of the first things eletist have to do to take over is to destroy the "rule of law". This is done first by bypassing the laws that they don't care for. Either by ignoring them, buying their way out of the laws affecting them, or by having "judges" set up who will support their stance whether the laws agree with them or not. Notice that this would not be possible in an uncorrupt society.

At the same time these eletists will usually seek positions of power at any level of the government where they can do as they wish.

Eventually the "King Men" decide that the people don't know what is best for them and they need to take over. A leader is decided upon and an attempt is made to set the entire government aside in favor of their "Monarch". At this point one of three things happen.

The "King Men" underestimated their opponents and are trounced, condemed as traitors, and executed.

The "King Men" underestimated their opponents and are only able to take and control a small area of the country, the rest of the country either falls into smaller units or regroups to continue and resist the ursurpers.

Or the "King Men" are successful and either take control of the entire country or a large enough portion of it that those remaining are fractured and unorganized.

Unfortunatly if our society continues to weaken this is possible and I believe we may see the attempt within our lifetime.

Umm... this might be outdated, but I thought India was more advanced (at least for comps?)... Also, isn't Russia having MAJOR economical problems? Something about their environment beign completely DEAD?
    It's the economics that make all the difference here. High levels of technology are usually found only in economically free market societies. Non-free market socities will have technologic development only at the behest of the government. Put simply, they can't keep up. India has market system that does not encourage new thoughts or developments and that is why most Indians who wish to start something new will first go to another country to begin with. A very intelligent people, with to much red tape. If they could ever change that they just might give the rest of the world a run for their money.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    Yes Natural disasters can affect only certain areas - as I had specified in my post (coastal cities), a reminder that most of the big cities are situated along the coasts. And no it alone cannot devastate the entire country, but that along with other people (hostile countries, terrorists) will take advantage of those situations to do whatever it takes to destroy the country furthermore.

It is tremendously possible to be conquered by a greater power, again China being the most likely. Remember the huge percentage of U.S. products being made overseas in particular in China. Even technology is spreading very fast, it's unlikely that the United States will always have the technological advantage over any other country, in fact, there are already countries making names for themsleves as they've made breakthroughs in technology. I'm not saying the United States will disappear, it might just simply give it's place as the most dominant country or if you prefer the world's Super Power.
    You are forgetting one thing. We deal with large scale natural disasters yearly. The hurricanes in Florida this summer, one right after another. Flooding on the mississippi. Fires throughout the mid/west. It would require more then a megatsunami to even put a dent in the response system.

Maybe if all of California fell into the ocean... but that would have no impact on the government or the military.

Sooo.... maybe if the entire east coast was drowned/earthquaked? Nope, sorry. First there are already laws/regulations on the books to allow for a shadow government until new elections could be held. Second, the military is prepared for their entire hirarchy being wiped out. I won't go into specifics but lets just say that provisions have already been made so that there will always be someone left to organize and run the military and the government.

I do agree however that China could become a threat. Thus it behoves us to keep an eye on them. As for our technology being surpassed, well that depends on us now, doesn't it? Economically they can't hold a candle to us so it remains for the USA to mess up and fall behind. Personally however I have a hard time seeing that happen as long as the defense budget isn't slashed.... but it could.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm... rusty thread typing fingers. *Stretches*

The fall of all nations, at some point or other, is inevitable. Using the term fall here is actually somewhat of a misnomer, as many nations don't actually 'fall', they just become something different. Ideals change, rational changes, and as they do, nations change and become entirely different things than they were before. Taking things into perspective, how many of you can name the kingdoms that existed before, and then joined to form Spain? What was France called before it was, well, France? Germany? See my point? Speculating on what is going to cause the US to change into something different based on where we are currently is absurd.

Thinking of something as static and unchanging goes both ways. To those who think the end is near, think about the maximum of eight years in office for a president, and all of the other elected officials that must run for re-election. Think about the fact that the US has existed for less than 300 years, and, in fact, has already gone through one governmental change over which left us with a different government but the same nation. Articles of Confederation, anyone? Not to mention that there is plenty of room for revision should any state of serious instability occur. The US governmental system is extremely flexible and capable of change along with the ideals of its people, which one should keep in mind when trying to predict the reason for the nation's fall.

Where some have the static idea that the US will never fall, never become something different, there are also those that believe it will fall, of the exact same reason. Well, the United States government does change, and it changes often.

I would say this, look back as well as forward. The United States will not exist forever. It is quite literally impossible for any government to do so. I would also say that the U.S. is nowhere near a violent or peaceful changeover, if history is any indication, and that it is nearly impossible to say what will form the US into a different nation.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Right now no, they can't even out economocally, however in the near future, it is not unknown that China will in fact be economically a very strong country. Now it's just for them to convert from communist to capitalist for that to happen. As you can see already the communism is falling rapidly over there, so much international commerce. May not happen anytime soon, but in the future for sure China will be at the top of the world, because of all it's meaning in the world's economy at the present time.

Newbie superblaster may be famous one day superblaster may be famous one day
    Thanks
    If the US will fail at anything it's the economics. I don't belive anything else will deter them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast