Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Endangerd species

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that it is good that some animals disappear cuz, if some of them are gone always new species will come, and i would like to see those new species.

Newbie Songo may be famous one day Songo may be famous one day Songo's Avatar
    Thanks
    I only meant that we need to NOT stop counsturtion, Just LIMIT it, So animals can thrive agin...I mean where going to kill our selfs off anyway, I mean if we keep cutting down trees we cut of OUR air, so where going to suffacate ourselfs sooner or later..

AND! hmm, maybe if you eat hamburger meat it CHOULD have what they call MAD COW DISASE in it.....so, yeah!

Sig made by Me

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Songo
    I only meant that we need to NOT stop counsturtion, Just LIMIT it, So animals can thrive agin...I mean where going to kill our selfs off anyway, I mean if we keep cutting down trees we cut of OUR air, so where going to suffacate ourselfs sooner or later..
    Actually, no it wouldn't. Sorry to tell you this but we could cut down every tree on the planet and it wouldn't impact our oxygen supply. First read above, and then consider this: not only is the ocean the biggest supplier of oxygen (via algy) but it also is a Carbon sink. Now don't ask me to get technical (I'm not a scientist unlike some members of this board) but what that means is that it actually absorbs carbons from the air. The stuff we exhale and can't breath. Until the ocean turns into corbonated water (or seems likely to) we have no need to be concerned about our oxygen supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Songo
    AND! hmm, maybe if you eat hamburger meat it CHOULD have what they call MAD COW DISASE in it.....so, yeah!
    That depends on where you live. Beef from the US doesn't have that problem. Unlike other countries the US installed strict processing requirements after the first case of a man catching the disease. There has not been a second.

Quick lesson, Mad Cow Disease is carried in the spinal tissue. The process used to package meat isolated the spinal column from the rest of the carcass. So even if they miss a case of it the disease still won't infect the meat.

If I lived in a country that didn't follow those guidlines I would seriously consider giving up ground beef since the spinal tissue would have to actually be ground up into the meat to infect it. So, no more burgers.

Maybe I would lose weight.

PS. When reading above please pay special attention to the increase of forests in the US and the fact that grasslands provide more oxygen then trees.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks
    you kno you cant stop ppl from killing off animals so its just about pointless to try, sadly its inevitable that all the endangered species will be killed off and also the rainforest will mostly be gon within the next 100 years along with pollution and expansion we cant help it.
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Newbie Yeager the Great may be famous one day Yeager the Great may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Animewolf267
    you kno you cant stop ppl from killing off animals so its just about pointless to try, sadly its inevitable that all the endangered species will be killed off and also the rainforest will mostly be gon within the next 100 years along with pollution and expansion we cant help it.

20 or 30 years ago it was said that the many animal in this country, in particular the Bald Eagle, would die off within a matter of years due the contamination of that speices primary food source. However, that did not become the case, the Bald Eagle was saved (DDT use was discontinued, one because of its toxicity and secondly insects it was designed to kill were becoming resistant to that pesticide).
    The number of Bald Eagles have been growing steadily over the last decade or so.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Ahhh, the things I really want to talk about, I avoid, because of how much time I don't have to discuss about it.... but I know I will defineitly be fighting for the rapidly declineing population of tigers, and other 'big' cats, because I have care about them... oh... ever since kindergarden. I get along with animals better than humans, and like them much more. In the future, I will be working with the S.A.B.R.E. foundation, (Siberians Are Becoming Rapidly Extinct), to help with breeding programs, and to work with the animals I love, and reabliitation programs for all the cats they have.
    I guess I've truly cared about the rarity, and the lives of endangered animals the world over. Some can be so heartless, and umm greedy/selfish... that no one cares about real beauty anymore, and that's what I find in wildlife.

Ahhhh,... yeah, I wish some rapid flesh-deteriating diesease would just come across the world and wipe out .... oh, 3 billion people.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've always been sad for those animals and I wanted to join an organization that goes all out to help save them. Sadly, I'm still schooling and I don't really have the time. But I agree that people should really help to stop this extinction. It's part of our world, therefore part of us. Are we not part of this world as well?

I'm not trying to sound racist here, (since I'm chinese myself), but I think traditional Chinese Medicine shops should stop selling "miracle" Antlers, Rhino horns etc...

I feel sad for these animals.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    i reckon we should hunt the hunters, oh yeah (i'm being serious just we wouldn't kill them)
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast