Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Endangerd species

Newbie E-Yuki-chan04 may be famous one day E-Yuki-chan04 may be famous one day E-Yuki-chan04's Avatar
    in a vortex, beyond space and time, and all tht othr crap
    Thanks
    i think i'm gonna cry.....i love tigers and pandas.....and i'd be heart-broken if they became extinct,....maybe i should adpot a panda maybe when i grow up hmmmmm........... i love pandas
    hmmmmmm...........wat new world.......
    hmmmmmm........... i see.....

dude where'z my car

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    I'm not trying to sound racist here, (since I'm chinese myself), but I think traditional Chinese Medicine shops should stop selling "miracle" Antlers, Rhino horns etc...

I feel sad for these animals.
    I would completely support that for any item that cannot be gathered from domesticated sources.

Do you think it would ever happen?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    While we're all worried about saving the clichéd endangered species (tigers and panda bears) how about we also look at the major decline of Aboriginal and Native peoples?

Just a thought.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deaths_raver667
    i reckon we should hunt the hunters, oh yeah (i'm being serious just we wouldn't kill them)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Yuki-chan04
    i think i'm gonna cry.....i love tigers and pandas.....and i'd be heart-broken if they became extinct,....maybe i should adpot a panda maybe when i grow up hmmmmm........... i love pandas
    If you're not going to make an attempt at an intelligent contribution to the discussion, don't bother to post.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    If you're not going to make an attempt at an intelligent contribution to the discussion, don't bother to post.
    Last time I heard the Zui Quan was an endangered species too. You should watch out if anyone gets wind of that they might come at you with intent to steal and get millions from the Toronto Zoo. it's a sad world we live in.

This is my answer to the problem, most animals are going extinct because humans keep multiplying like rabbits and destroying all the wild animals natural habitat and resources. The animals have been forced to integrate into our ways of living and thus skunks, rabbits, birds, raccoons and chipmunks are getting hit by cars and deer, bears, and coyotes are eating our garbage (Well depending on where you live). So you know what, shove everyone under 18 on a deserted island "Do it by country so there is not an over flow" stick explosive collars on them and force them to kill each other until there are 20 left after 3 days. If there are more than 20 they all die. That would cut down on some of the over population problems. Also blow up Toronto, if that city keeps getting any bigger it's going to take over the world. You know you've taken someone's home when wild wolves are walking around in the middle of a huge city.

Thats it I am turning into Mowgli and running away with the deer.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    While we're all worried about saving the clichéd endangered species (tigers and panda bears) how about we also look at the major decline of Aboriginal and Native peoples?

Just a thought.
    Your other rant aside, what do you think is causing the decline now and what can be done about it.

(And is this a new topic?)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know whats being debated here, but the killing of animals has been done for a LONG time, mostly for food, but also for sport. It is nothing more than man trying to control the natural world around him, thats what I think. Also, Killing a human, though as bad as it may seem, if they are used for food, then its the exact same thing as killing a cow for beef. Since we are animals, we too can become the food source for a population. We are animals as well, if you look at it like that, then the killing of humans for food doesn't sound so inhumane since we are on the same level as a cow. Who knows, we may be the next food source.

And, besides, (this is going to probably get me flamed), but we really need something to happen, our world is already at or nearing its capacity to sustain life, according to some estimates, the world's population will reach 9 billion in 2050. If you think about it, the horrific genocides of the 20 th century, could have started to decrease the population. I don't know, what do you think.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Apr 24, 2005 at 12:51 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Your other rant aside, what do you think is causing the decline now and what can be done about it.

(And is this a new topic?)
    I don't believe this has to be a new topic. Just another branch onto the main topic. The steady decline of animals, plants, cultures, and different human races could all be put into the same area of conversation.

Just from what I know of the Natives in Canada the europeans who immigrated to Canada brought with them capitalism. They believed that if you take land and work hard on it you deserve to own it. Since the natives only took what they needed and didn't have definite ownership over the land in a legal sense, the "white man" I guess you could say decided that the land was a free for all.

I think the main problems the natives had was that the immigrants took their land and were demolishing their culture. They eventually came to an agreement and the natives were allowed so much land and they would get cheques from the government (i know this in Canada). So pretty much you only find natives in Canada who live in reserves pretty far off from much contact with the rest of the country. In a reserve they are allowed to preserve their culture and speak their language, but if they want to live with the rest of us they pretty much have to give up their culture to belong to Canada. I know they all agreed to do this, yet still I find it ridiculous in this day and age that we can't integrate their culture into ours and let them have some of their land back. It's gotten to the point now though that it is almost impossible to fix what has happened with the natives. a lot of them are alcoholics and drug addicts and Natives have one of the highest suicide rates in Canada I believe.

I'd say that Natives are an endangered race among humans and their culture and language will pretty much be forgotten in a few decades, which is sad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast