Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: English Translation Ruining Anime

Newbie ZerOraY may be famous one day ZerOraY may be famous one day
    Thanks

Angry English Translation Ruining Anime

For one thing I enjoy watching anime in english for the sheere pleasure of not reading. But you start watching the actual anime[no words phrases ect] you can find out english versions suck to an extreme extent. Watching the original anime you will find new scenes different dialouge ect. Americans are changing are anime into childs play to an extreme extent.

p.s they ruined shamen king

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah i have to agree english translations of anime suck so so much.

I'm so used to watching subs that i can never go back, i mean i've got to a stage were i hardly read the subs anymore even tho i still don't understand japanese, i just understand whats going on with a few fast galnces at the subs

And there is more passion in the japanese language then the english one hey.

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Let's all go learn japanese so we can actually watch anime without staring at the bottom of the screen. ^_^ Most american licensed anime have bad translations, but most of the fansubs are pretty much on the spot, but you can find discrepencies if you want to go and get technical about it.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rou
    ...but you can find discrepencies if you want to go and get technical about it.
    lol you don't even have to get technical about it most of the time! hahahaha :P

But yeah subs for me if i get a choice. For me it feels weird to watch anime w/o subs anymore :P Of course I'm trying to learn jap too at which time I can throw out this sub/dub dilema. Well unless I help fansub ^^
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie DJFlipD may be famous one day DJFlipD may be famous one day DJFlipD's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I'm actually learning japanese but I still think that US dubbs totally ruin alot of anime. I think that they should take more time learning about the anime, to find a voice actor that could fit the role better. but since it's all about the money here good luck in that ever happening, thank god for fansubs and dual language dvds.

~sore demo ittai kono boku ni nani ga dekiru tte iun da~

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    subs over dubbed any day of the week. i wanna start learning japanese though too, that way i can just get the raws and not worry any more about fansubbing

The end is important in all things.

Otaku paultjuh may be famous one day paultjuh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    subs over dubbed any day of the week. i wanna start learning japanese though too, that way i can just get the raws and not worry any more about fansubbing
    that's easier said than done

yeah those voices in english often don't fit with the chars, are too loud compared to the background sounds etc..

i really would like to learn japanese too, but it's very hard because the words don't like on the words of my country

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Now there are excellent Dubbed animes out there, Cowboy Bebop...FLCL...Trigun.

But yet there are lots of good Professional Subbed ones.

Now here is the thing, I have found out on many many occasions it depends on what you've seen first.

Seen Dubbed Love Hina First? Subbed may be crap.

This has been proven for me on loads of accounts.

Take Hellsing. I can't stand the dubbed version to no end. The character voices absolutley do not fit the characters themselves (yet it may be diffrent to someeon else)

And Cowboy Bebop. I've seen the Subbed Version OF Knockin' on heavens Door. Total crap. I'll take the Dubbed version of Bebop anyday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast