Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: English Translation Ruining Anime

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    And Cowboy Bebop. I've seen the Subbed Version OF Knockin' on heavens Door. Total crap. I'll take the Dubbed version of Bebop anyday.

blasphemy!!! heresy!! any other word with which i can yell loudly at the multitudes while pointing at you i say!!!!

The end is important in all things.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    blasphemy!!! heresy!! any other word with which i can yell loudly at the multitudes while pointing at you i say!!!!
    *does an irish jig*

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think I may be learning japanese just watching anime... god i feel smart. Maybe one day I won't need subs anymore... (ha yeah right, when the world ends.)

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    japanese words ive learned from watching anime:

nande?! nani!? chichiwe!... umm.. demo... arrigato.. and various other fragments of coversation.

basically.. only words that characters repeat over and over to the point where my dull head can soak it in.

The end is important in all things.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    Subed anime is the way to go. English dubd have destroied a lot of anime cuase the voice and or tone doesnt fit well with the characters. A really good example of crappy dubbed voices is Gundam Seed. OMG!! THat has to be one of the worst and the way they say the names is crappy too. Doesnt Cagarri (Japanese) sound better than Cagalli (English).

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    japanese words ive learned from watching anime:

nande?! nani!? chichiwe!... umm.. demo... arrigato.. and various other fragments of coversation.

basically.. only words that characters repeat over and over to the point where my dull head can soak it in.

Yeah that is right man i hate "I'm Sorry" Comenda Si (probably spelt that crap but anyways)

Man all the time they say this it's so irratating.

Urd
    Newbie Urd may be famous one day Urd may be famous one day Urd's Avatar
    The land of thousand lakes and the midnightsun!
    Thanks
    Must be "Gomen nasai" you mean... And "thank you" is actually spelled "arigatou".
    Anyway... to the point... English dubs are quite ok compared to Finnish! Man it really sucks... But anyway Japanese rules!
    We have such good time in the Japanese class

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOraY
    For one thing I enjoy watching anime in english for the sheere pleasure of not reading. But you start watching the actual anime[no words phrases ect] you can find out english versions suck to an extreme extent. Watching the original anime you will find new scenes different dialouge ect. Americans are changing are anime into childs play to an extreme extent.

p.s they ruined shamen king

I love dubs and think they come along way. Yeah there are crappy ones like CCS and sailor moon, but there are tons of good ones too. Also there are alot of crappy subs too out there. I agree with KenX, it depends on which you seen first, if your going to like the sub or dub version. I grew up with dubs so I love em. I watched the sub versions on my dual language dvd's, and there good but not academy award winning stuff.

Long live Dubs!!!

PS: Without dubs, anime would never be as big as it is in the US.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 03, 2004 at 12:26 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast