Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: English Translation Ruining Anime

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Or the rest of the world hey, we don't all live in the US here hey...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I know. I forget the internet is global sometimes.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Yeah, I know. I forget the internet is global sometimes.
    Typical :P lol

Newbie EverQuestJunky may be famous one day EverQuestJunky may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ugh!! I have a pet peeve when it comes to dubbed anime.... I just can't connect with the characters or their emotions... They are just not expressed well enough and anything that was at a high maturity level is dropped down so low... What really dissappointed me is, atleast DVD's offer dual audio (though I download alot of fansubs), I always found it a nice feature... But Tokyopop is releasing Rave Master on DVD with no option for dual audio... To add to it, their dub is so childish it makes the Pokemon and Sailor Moon dubs look Rated R... I'm starting to get the impression Tokyopop doesn't want their fans to see how much they chop shop the actual original content of a storyline...

Its just sad....

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EverQuestJunky
    Ugh!! I have a pet peeve when it comes to dubbed anime.... I just can't connect with the characters or their emotions... They are just not expressed well enough and anything that was at a high maturity level is dropped down so low... What really dissappointed me is, atleast DVD's offer dual audio (though I download alot of fansubs), I always found it a nice feature... But Tokyopop is releasing Rave Master on DVD with no option for dual audio... To add to it, their dub is so childish it makes the Pokemon and Sailor Moon dubs look Rated R... I'm starting to get the impression Tokyopop doesn't want their fans to see how much they chop shop the actual original content of a storyline...

Its just sad....
    You grew up with subs didnt you? I connect fine with the voice acting in dubs. (inuyasha, YU YU Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop). Come on theres alot of emotion-less sub crap too.

Also check out Cowboy bebop and ghost in the shell. The maturity level isnt dropped at all. Your generalizing
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 04, 2004 at 11:04 AM.

Newbie EverQuestJunky may be famous one day EverQuestJunky may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I have not grown up with subs, I was a Cartoon Network fan like alot of members here... But after making the transition from dub to sub, I have never went back... Cowboy Bebop is a decent dub, yet it still falls under the sub... And as for emotionless crap in Japanese anime, it is referred to as, horrible anime... Comedies like GoldenBoy were saved by the dubbing industry, watching it in Japanese is boring... But, when an anime is a smash hit in Japan, it usually never reaches the same level of quality when it is translated. In any case, with Tokyopop's recent move to hide how horribly they Americanized the quote's in the Rave Master series, by not offering dual audio on their expensive DVD's, I must say, more on them then every dubbing company out there, they are true scum to the fans who fork out lots of money for DVD's hopeing for that comparison...

Thanks
    I see your point about that anime not being offered in a dual language format. You have the right to your opinion. I just find dubs very pleasing. I watched the japanese versions on my dual lang dvd's, and it really didnt do anything for me. I didnt find the acting anything to write home about.

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree to some extend i find that ifi i watch an anime in jap first that when i wath it again in eng it just doesnt feel right, the voice acting doesnt have the same enthusiasm in it. bad guys sound real bad in jap and they give more feeling to the characters through their voices.

i watched EVA in jap then in eng and shinjis voice sucked in eng compared to that of the jap char. same goes for alucards voice in hellsing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast