Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia is it right?

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Euthanasia is it right?

Euthanasia, is it alright?
    i mean if people want to die and they are in pain is it right,?
    but what if people cant say how they feel?i s it right for another person to decide on someone elses life?
    say if they are in a coma and they are on life support, or some situation like that
    and if you think it is alright, then to what extent of pain must a person be in? i mean does it have to be a physical kind of pain or can it be mentally as well?

im still not sure about the whole idea, but there are some circumstance where i believe that its the persons choice, but on letting someone else decide on you life it just seems i dont know.....
    Destination is a State of Mind

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Euthanasia is it right?

Yes, id rather see them get some relief. I mean we do it for dogs and animals. Arent we as good as them??

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

NO!

To many people have said they want to die and then changed their minds afterwards. It's little hard to change your mind if someone actually kills you.

Add that to the fact that in countries that have legalized euthanazia they are now having problems because the decision about whether someone dies is up to the doctor and to many patients are being killed for econimic reasons or mearly to make room in the hospitol for another patient.

It's up to the doctor because it was felt that if you left it up to the family then unethical family members who wanted to inherit wouldn't make decisions based on the patients needs. (We all know people like that.) I'm afraid that the physicians haven't turned out to be any more ethical however.

It's a pandora's box. Just don't open it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by teebow
    Euthanasia, is it alright?
    i mean if people want to die and they are in pain is it right,?
    but what if people cant say how they feel?i s it right for another person to decide on someone elses life?
    say if they are in a coma and they are on life support, or some situation like that
    and if you think it is alright, then to what extent of pain must a person be in? i mean does it have to be a physical kind of pain or can it be mentally as well?

im still not sure about the whole idea, but there are some circumstance where i believe that its the persons choice, but on letting someone else decide on you life it just seems i dont know.....
    It seems like your describing two different situation here...

1. Terminating Life Support and/or removal of the feeding tube. Simplified, this is halting the artificial extension of life...

2. legalized Euthanasia for terminally ill patients, simplified as medically supervised suicide...

Both scenarios are in a legal grey area, subject to abuse, and laws governing the practice are either non-existent, or not well defined.

(But in the second scenario, there is nothing stopping unsupervised suicide, which does occur on a regular basis...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not really for it. However in cases such as Terry Schiavo where the feeding tube was removed, that is wrong. Dying of starvation is not the way to go. I can't understand why they would do that, were they thinking that they weren't the one's killing her? Euthanisation is a peaceful way to go, starving to death is not. I believe in cases where the subject has decided, or when it has been decided for the subject, that lifesupport is a no-no, then Euthanasia should be the way to go. Much better than to slowly whither away infront of friends and family.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    NO!

To many people have said they want to die and then changed their minds afterwards. It's little hard to change your mind if someone actually kills you.

Add that to the fact that in countries that have legalized euthanazia they are now having problems because the decision about whether someone dies is up to the doctor and to many patients are being killed for econimic reasons or mearly to make room in the hospitol for another patient.

It's up to the doctor because it was felt that if you left it up to the family then unethical family members who wanted to inherit wouldn't make decisions based on the patients needs. (We all know people like that.) I'm afraid that the physicians haven't turned out to be any more ethical however.

It's a pandora's box. Just don't open it.
    Yes, but would you like to lie there and suffer for days and days on end or go out peacefully. If its regulated right, i think it will work. I think the US would have more sence than those other countrys to do that?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I don't have any objections when the person can still ask for it.
    When the person can't ask for it it's much more difficult. America takes it to the extremes though, those 'pro life activists' make me sick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Yes, but would you like to lie there and suffer for days and days on end or go out peacefully. If its regulated right, i think it will work. I think the US would have more sence than those other countrys to do that?
    pfft. You're joking right? More sense? The US is so large that any right is always abused somewhere no matter how "regulated" it is.

I do have some personal experiences with this. Not as the sufferer but as someone whose family relations are passing on. My grandparents are all dead. My last moments with them are preciouse to me. Moments I can never forget nor wish to. It has been shown however that in societies where euthanasia is accepted senor citizens come to be thought of as a burden that need to pass on to relieve society of their cost and care. If it goes long enough it goes from legal euthanasia to anytime someone becomes to old or crippled to take care of themselves they are put out of societies misery.

It may sound good but in application it has nothing to do with the needs and wishes of the person and everything about the wishes and desires of those around them. Everyone gets old someday. Do you really want to grow old in a country where you are afraid to go to a hospitol for fear that you won't wake up?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    -George Santayana

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast