Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia is it right?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Euthanasia is it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I see no reason to consider it since euthanasia "without all this bad stuff" is a fantasy along with Utopia and "True Communism". Until we find a world where everyone is perfect it just won't happen.
    Well lets just pretend and say thats the case. Would you be in favor of it??

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

No. For several reasons.

One is that there is a natural progression of grieving and death. When that progression is cut short then there are psycological issues that are nearly impossible to deal with. It is similar to people who have had family members murdered. The cut is so sudden that it becomes impossible for many to come to terms with their loss. Likewise the people who are dieing do not have the time to come to terms with their own death. There is a progression of stages that occurs naturally in order for someone to come to terms with dieing. While it is different for different people it is common for one of those stages to be the "I just want to get this over with" stage. Usually it occurs just before someone is ready to accept what is happening. By ending their life before they can come to accept what is happening they and their family will have their mental progression cut short and ensure that it will be a tramatic experience for both the patient and those that survive them.

Stages of Grief
    * Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
    * Anger (why is this happening to me?)
    * Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
    * Depression (I don't care anymore)
    * Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
    or
    * Numbness (mechanical functioning and social insulation)
    * Disorganization (intensely painful feelings of loss)
    * Reorganization (re-entry into a more 'normal' social life.)

The other reason is entirely religious. As someone who has seen the natural progression of death I firmly believe that there is a time appointed for us to die and if we hasten that unnaturally we miss out on experiences and blessings that God intended for us.

But as I said. These reasons mean nothing since in this imperfect world Euthanasia is simply a blank check for murder on the part of unethical people be they family or physicion.

It is significant that this is not a new question. As far back as Hippocrates it was a sufficient issue that the Hippocratic Oath includes:
    "I will give no deadly medicine to anyone if asked, nor suggest any such counsel;"
    An oath that physicians used to take in order to be trusted and upon which medical ethics are supposed to be based.

Just as it is significant that every society that has legalized eutanasia has ended up going the same direction that the Netherlands is right now.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    -George Santayana

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't find it humane but I mean if those people wanna die go ahead, I and no one else will stop them (except their friends).

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

No. For several reasons.

One is that there is a natural progression of grieving and death. When that progression is cut short then there are psycological issues that are nearly impossible to deal with. It is similar to people who have had family members murdered. The cut is so sudden that it becomes impossible for many to come to terms with their loss. Likewise the people who are dieing do not have the time to come to terms with their own death. There is a progression of stages that occurs naturally in order for someone to come to terms with dieing. While it is different for different people it is common for one of those stages to be the "I just want to get this over with" stage. Usually it occurs just before someone is ready to accept what is happening. By ending their life before they can come to accept what is happening they and their family will have their mental progression cut short and ensure that it will be a tramatic experience for both the patient and those that survive them.

Stages of Grief
    * Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
    * Anger (why is this happening to me?)
    * Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
    * Depression (I don't care anymore)
    * Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
    or
    * Numbness (mechanical functioning and social insulation)
    * Disorganization (intensely painful feelings of loss)
    * Reorganization (re-entry into a more 'normal' social life.)

The other reason is entirely religious. As someone who has seen the natural progression of death I firmly believe that there is a time appointed for us to die and if we hasten that unnaturally we miss out on experiences and blessings that God intended for us.

But as I said. These reasons mean nothing since in this imperfect world Euthanasia is simply a blank check for murder on the part of unethical people be they family or physicion.

It is significant that this is not a new question. As far back as Hippocrates it was a sufficient issue that the Hippocratic Oath includes:
    "I will give no deadly medicine to anyone if asked, nor suggest any such counsel;"
    An oath that physicians used to take in order to be trusted and upon which medical ethics are supposed to be based.

Just as it is significant that every society that has legalized eutanasia has ended up going the same direction that the Netherlands is right now.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    -George Santayana

Well i can see that in some cases, but some are ready to die. Not everyone needs to sit there for months on end to come to terms with their death. To say we all need this way to die is a big generalization. I kinda figured it was religious from reading your other post, nothing wrong with that though.

I still say theres a way to do this right. Ppl deserve this right if thats there wish. To give an animal this wish and not humans is crazy. I mean are humans of less value than animals(Dont answer that XD).

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    No. For several reasons.
    truly, i like this part...what did he say now.. well lets just pretend and say thats the case. Would you be in favor of it?? hypothetical, & yet you still say ~ no...in contradiction to what you mentioned just prior to even that...hypocrisy? i wonder..

i notice that you gloss the issue with a bit of glamour, so let's remove the fluff, shall we? of all the misdirecting articles & quotes, we finally arrive at a statement that reveals why you stand against euthanasia...you stand against it because of your religious convictions...of blessings that God intended for us ~ is that right? let's delve a little bit into your God...a God cruel & jealous, vengeful & ambitious; after all, isn't this the same God that once promoted torture & burning death to those that refuse to bow down to His divinity, & isn't this the same God that inspired a mighty empire built upon a foundation of blood, greed & conquest? for nearly two thousand years, & this is the very God that you put your faith in? *smirks*

*shrugs* perhaps a different debate for another time, so i'll get back to the original point...so, because of this "righteous" view, you would rather promote the prolonged suffering of one that's terminally ill or injured rather than give them peace, because you believe that it's only through the will of your God that death should be decided, is that it?
    • indeed......i would like to ask you this.. let's say you are the proud owner of a dog that you love with all your heart, & then one day ~ your dog is involved in a terrible accident...yes, an accident that has crippled your dog severely ~ the loss of 3 legs (amputation), only 1 remains functional...the dog recovers, but it's quite obvious that your dog is in terrible pain & despair & if truth be known ~ a dog with a single functional leg can be a troublesome dilemma......so i'm curious, would you further promote your dog's survival, or would you bring your dog, peace?
    • here's another......your son has gone off to war, & your son returns...at least, you think it's your son...a son taken hostage by enemy forces & upon his return, you are appalled at the aweful sight...he suffered much from torture ~ his eyes, ears, tongue & limbs were brutally removed...he cannot see, cannot hear & cannot speak ~ his arms & legs, severed......all but a living husk of his former glory.. as the decider of his fate, what would you do?
    • & finally...you are the immediate family to a man that decided to take his life ~ a shotgun to the head...only, it misfired & only part of his head (his whole face) was blown off...he lies at the emergency room, still alive but unrecognizable ~ all his sensory organs are severely damaged, blood flowing...the doctors put plastic tubes down his throat to administer air so he can breathe & somehow, they managed to stabilize him...but there is no way to recover what has been lost ~ everything is gone, his eyes, his nose, his ears, his jaw & teeth ~ everything...do you really expect me to believe that you would just ~ keep him alive ~ even in that kind of condition?

curious mind intrigued to know, & please ~ no more useless references...i ask what lady barronmore thinks, not the hearsay of "official" documentation written by those that speak the language of the mad.. if i wanted that, i would not be wasting my time, here..

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~diva..
    let's delve a little bit into your God...a God cruel & jealous, vengeful & ambitious; after all, isn't this the same God that once promoted torture & burning death to those that refuse to bow down to His divinity, & isn't this the same God that inspired a mighty empire built upon a foundation of blood, greed & conquest? for nearly two thousand years, & this is the very God that you put your faith in? *smirks*
    God didnt do that. The ppl didnt take his teachings to heart, they themselves alone did the" foundation of blood, greed & conquest" Also god didnt promote any of those things.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say I'm against it, even if the human population is becoming alarmingly big I heard. I've heard the word abuse, I agree with that, the will of God, well that I leave for others to think about it and giving the choice for someone to die no matter the reason, I wouldn't want that. I think life is the nicest thing ever so if someone wants death, well I can't do anything about it, but I think its wrong to desire death, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    God didnt do that. The ppl didnt take his teachings to heart, they themselves alone did the" foundation of blood, greed & conquest" Also god didnt promote any of those things.
    ask yourself, how did the message of God get spread, mmm? God is merely a religion, & the spread of religion is like the conquest of a nation ~ only through death of the defeated shall the victor reign.. but i digress, this is going beyond the subject of this thread...start a new thread, & maybe i'll play......maybe..

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast