Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia is it right?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Euthanasia is it right?

Quote Originally Posted by ~diva..

[i]i notice that you gloss the issue with a bit of glamour, so let's remove the fluff, shall we? of all the misdirecting articles & quotes, we finally arrive at a statement that reveals why you stand against euthanasia...you stand against it because of your religious convictions...of blessings that God intended for us ~ is that right? let's delve a little bit into your God...a God cruel & jealous, vengeful & ambitious; after all, isn't this the same God that once promoted torture & burning death to those that refuse to bow down to His divinity, & isn't this the same God that inspired a mighty empire built upon a foundation of blood, greed & conquest? for nearly two thousand years, & this is the very God that you put your faith in? *smirks*

OK, here's the deal and it goes for EVERYONE.

There are to be NO attacks on a person's religious convictions. What a person believes is between them and their chosen deity or deities. If you can't make your case without attacking someone's religion, then don't bother to post.

If anyone fails to heed this warning, I will go into full-on Arrogant Bastard mode and start cracking skulls.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that if a person is in pain and they request to be killed, then let them be, they chose a decision, I believe in the right of choice, I actually like the fact that I can do that, I can decide when I want to die, whether its my time or not, I can decide, the mainl point I am trying to make is this, I believe euthanasia is good when the situation that occurs disrupts your daily life, if you are in severe pain and you cannot live the way you want, then why do you live anymore. When the situation becomes such that normal everyday function is forever changed then it is ok to end a person's life, what good is living everyday if every waking moment of your life is nothing but pain and misery. I may sound evil and cruel here, but the world is getting bigger and bigger more so each day, at some point we will get to a breaking point when the earth just cannot handle the amount of people, and if we don't have the technology to colonize on other worlds, what do we do, then we have to decide who is going to die in order to cut down the population.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    OK, here's the deal and it goes for EVERYONE.

There are to be NO attacks on a person's religious convictions. What a person believes is between them and their chosen deity or deities. If you can't make your case without attacking someone's religion, then don't bother to post.

If anyone fails to heed this warning, I will go into full-on Arrogant Bastard mode and start cracking skulls.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
    *nods* as you wish..

note* ~ to clear the air, i mentioned the above statements not to insult, but rather to expose an observation...many social issues ~ euthanasia, abortion, cloning & genetic manipulation, etc.. tend to be under heavy scrutiny by those that are pro-life ~ many of which base their reasoning on religious upbringing.. why don't i support euthanasia? because it's against my religious beliefs.. now, had she mentioned this directly from the beginning, instead of tip-toeing the issue & pushing fluffy internet data compiled from here & there, it would have ended then & there; but it's fair to point out ~ religion really has no business being imposed upon others, especially in social issues like this one.. delicate ground, i know *admits* but that's what makes debating interesting, yes?

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~diva..
    now, had she mentioned this directly from the beginning, instead of tip-toeing the issue & pushing fluffy internet data compiled from here & there, it would have ended then & there
    Wow! Your arrogance is astounding!

I give a thousand and one logical reasons anyone would be opposed and you sweep them all away because I admit I'm religious.

Here's a lesson for you since you're new here. I am a logical person. My religious beliefs are sustained by my life experience and visa-versa. I like to approach every question from a logical impartial veiw just to see how it looks. This one stinks to high heaven.

Kastelic asked me a hypothetical question based on the concept of it's application in a perfect world. I answered hypothetically based on personal experience. My previous statements still stand on the overwelming reason why euthanasia is not acceptable. I repeat:

"These reasons (natural progression of grief and religion) mean nothing since in this imperfect world Euthanasia is simply a blank check for murder on the part of unethical people be they family or physicion.

It is significant that this is not a new question. As far back as Hippocrates it was a sufficient issue that the Hippocratic Oath includes:
    "I will give no deadly medicine to anyone if asked, nor suggest any such counsel;"
    An oath that physicians used to take in order to be trusted and upon which medical ethics are supposed to be based.

Just as it is significant that every society that has legalized eutanasia has ended up going the same direction that the Netherlands is right now."

It is a pet peeve of mine that people will say "but I'm different" or "this time it will work". Well, if every time it happened before it didn't, no it won't. It's living in denial and leads to nothing but pain. If you want to know what will happen if you do something look and see what has happened already. It's the same with government policy. If you want to see what will happen loook at what has happened. These days we even have a current example. 100% of the time euthanasia has been legal the outcome has been the same. Don't like the results? Don't do it.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    -George Santayana

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrianna, just because euthenasia hasnt been done right in the past dont mean its not possiable to do it right. Never thought we land on the moon too. It dont always have to be a blank check for murder. I guess until then, dogs and other animals will have more rights than us in that area.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 03, 2005 at 09:45 AM.

Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Euthanasia should be allowed. However it must be controlled properly which is the main problem. If someone is in great pain, has no chance of recovery and wants to die, they should be allowed that right. I also think the choice should only be given to the paitent or if their in a coma, the family. The Doctor should not be given the choice or right to decide whether it can happen or not. Obviously this topic is open to alot of contravercy(sp?) but thats my view. If someone says that they seriously want to be put to death I would think they would have put a hell of a lot of thought into this. Its not the sort of decision you would take lightly.

I also don't think religion should come into this. If a person wants to end their life its no business of religion to try and get in the way. Im Christain and this is still what I believe. Unless God himself comes up to me and says otherwise, this is my belief on the matter.
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

All I know is that if I am lying in a hospital bed somewhere... And I am going to die anyway... And the pain is too great... Kill my ass and donate any useable organs to someone who needs them. I am aware enough to make that decision on my own, so let me die.

As for a vegitative state... Well... THAT'S WHAT WILLS ARE FOR. I have a living will, even though I am very young... Because I want to make sure that if ANYTHING happens to me, my loved ones will know what to do. And it's LEGALLY BINDING. My will MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY. And I would rather die than be a vegetable!! Like I said above: Kill my ass and donate any useable organs to someone who will use them... Because living as a vegetable is NOT LIVING. It is worse than death. The body is a shell - it is temporary housing. In a vegetative state, the body's living energy has already left. And besides... The financial burden of keeping this shell alive would BREAK my family. And if I can save someone's life with my death (organ donation, that is) I would be at peace.

I reccomend a living will to eliminate any confusion when dealing with things like this. Because you can walk out your door and get hit by a bus, and be in vegetable for the rest of your life - NO RECOVERY. Total brain damage. It can happen to ALL OF US. No one is immune to it. We are not immortal, and we are not invincable. Know your rights when it comes to your life and your body!!!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Arrianna, just because euthenasia hasnt been done right in the past dont mean its not possiable to do it right.
    And my step-grandmother believed her second husband would quite smoking because "he loved her" even though he had been doing it every day for 50+ years. Not only didn't he quite he died of lung cancer two years later.

What evidence do you have to base your belief that it can be done on? Or are you being like my grandmother? You want it to be true so you insist it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    As for a vegitative state... Well... THAT'S WHAT WILLS ARE FOR.
    I reccomend a living will to eliminate any confusion when dealing with things like this. Because you can walk out your door and get hit by a bus, and be in vegetable for the rest of your life - NO RECOVERY. Total brain damage. It can happen to ALL OF US. No one is immune to it. We are not immortal, and we are not invincable. Know your rights when it comes to your life and your body!!!!
    Hear, hear!

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast