Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Euthanasia is it right?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Euthanasia is it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwatari Niwa
    1. Nope. If I was seriously ill, and wanted to be euthanised, you wouldn't change my mind. Not unless they could do something to make my life worth living.

2. People who cannot speak, see, walk, touch - people who have everything done for them, but who are also in pain and missing out on so much. For people like that, the family needs to decide what's best for them.

3. Eh....I don't know how to reply to that XD
    2. You just described a vegetative state (covered by existing precedence). Anything shy of that is considered a coma from which people have made a full recovery. (Unless you mean one of the above instead of all of the above in which case isn't that a little harsh?)

Amoung those who support legalizing euthanasia the ones who want it for "terminal diseases" describe that as "any disease that curtails life even for a day" or "concrete expectancy of death" (no attempt is made to decide when that death would have occured. exception: Oregon defines terminal as 6 months or less to live).
    Others believe that all that should be required is "unbearable suffering of either a physical or mental nature". Which is why in the Netherlands they are now euthanizing alcoholics and people diagnosed with depression.

Just realize that when we talk about legalizing euthanazia these are the people who are setting the policies that such laws would be based on.

I found all this and more on the official site for the "International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide".

Edit: Since people keep mentioning suffering and quality of life I thought I would share this site.
    NOT DEAD YET the resistance<--click
    Since 1983, many people with disabilities have opposed the assisted suicide and euthanasia movement. Though often described as compassionate, legalized medical killing is really about a deadly double standard for people with severe disabilities, including both conditions that are labeled terminal and those that are not.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Oct 04, 2005 at 09:45 AM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Hiwatari Niwa may be famous one day Hiwatari Niwa may be famous one day Hiwatari Niwa's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh...I'd rather help people who are alcoholics and those who are depressed - it's something that can be cured with good treatment, love and care.

Euthanasia for that? No way.

As for point 2, I meant all those things - there are people who can't even see, walk - anything that takes their quality of life away, those who cannot think for themselves, and are therefore living a life of suffering in which they are trapped.

Of course, before I'd let someone be euthanised, I'd give them the best possible options to improve their life status, that's if the person wanted to.

Otaku Pig Blaster Champion anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy's Avatar
    somewhere in Ontario....um....wait or was it Nunavut
    Thanks

There are some ppl that say they want to dye but don't mean it and then there are ppl that do mean it and the problem is you can't tell if they mean it or not. Looking at my dad in the hospital made me think does he really want to be there because he didn't remember anything or anyone he even forgot his own wife and me his daugter so when he finnaly died we all knew that he really didn't want to be there so i say yes
    being a bunny is hard work

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... I enjoy a healthy debate. But insulting one another is NOT healthy. Can't we all just get along?

When it all boils down to is your own personal life and your own personal opinion. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It only matters what YOU feel is right for YOU. I could care less what anyone here thinks, or anyone else in this world, for that matter. When it comes to MY BODY and MY FAMILY, it's my choice. My choice is kill my ass!!! I don't want to suffer any more than I have to, nor do I want my family to suffer is see me suffer. I want to end that cycle of pain. Especially if someone's life could be saved in the process. See, now I am repeating what I have already stated. So now I leave this thread.
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Oct 04, 2005 at 10:53 AM.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is right in certain situations. I mean if the pain is so unbareable, life really isnt worth living anymore or someone has been in coma for 20 years, its time to do something for them and if it is their wish to move on out of this world then I think their wish should be respected. So I guess I agree with that side.

But when perfectly healthy people decide they want to die and want this to be the way its just, well it might as well be called suicide. Its people who cant deal with their life for whatever reason, but the difference is they can do something about it wherein the people mentioned above cannot. I have no respect for people that take the easy way, I do feel pity and sadness for them, but thats only because I do not know what its like to reach the point in life, that point where its not worth it. I think euthaniasia used in this fashion is just wrong.

There is always two sides to every coin.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok people no more insults or attacks on each other. If you are going to post, then post a decent post without all the references to each others beliefs or opinions. You know who you are :|

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6