Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Was that even a real sign?!

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

Was that even a real sign?!

Well I'm sure we've all seen one or two crazy signs in our life time....now I'm not talking like a sign from the gods kinda thing but a sign posted up on a wall or bus or anything really. I believe the funniest/most random sign I have ever seen would be one I came across in the mall at the down escalator. Me and a friend had just recently walked through the children's section on our way off of the second floor. We were both about to step onto the escalator when we both saw a nice little yellow sign. It read, "Escalator located near children." Now...the first thought that runs through both of our heads is....where are the children??!!!
    What weirdly worded signs have you spotted?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Was that even a real sign?!

My favorite is "rest stop".

It was located next to a cemetary.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

There was a pub that burned down around where I live back in January, and somebody had left their Christmas banner up outside.

"Giving you a warm welcome this Christmas."

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

The town I grew up in had an ordinance against using rifles in the town limits, and there was signage posted up on every road that crossed the town line. It also happens that a golf course was constructed which straddled one of these roads.

Thus, on Winn Road in Cumberland, Maine is a sign that reads "Golfer Crossing" and under it is a sign which reads "Hunting with Shotgun Only."

EDIT: Oh and I would be remiss if I failed to mention a print ad campaign for a chain of butcher shops in the New Orleans area. The slogan printed in huge letters on billboards was, "You Can't Beat Wagner's Meat!"
    Last edited by Zui Quan; Jul 04, 2005 at 07:57 PM.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat may be famous one day Sashacat's Avatar
    Thanks

haha..those stories are uber cute. Made me laugh. Awesome.

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks

Near my college are two signs that really make u wonder. The first one says calle sin salida (street without an exit) and a second sign indicating the correct flow of traffic. The funny thing is that the second sign points towards the street without an exit.
    Evil is actually in my job description

Newbie virginkid may be famous one day virginkid may be famous one day virginkid's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember seeing a sign once in my mother's friend's house. It read "Don't be afraid of the dog, beware of the children".(Or something to that effect)XD

The weird thing is, according to my mum the kids really aren't to be trifled with. They even scared their neighbours maid off a few times and made her cry for hours.^^;;;; Weird huh? And they don't even have a dog in the house!
    Last edited by virginkid; Jul 07, 2005 at 04:18 AM.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I drove past a burned down house just yesturday that had a sign in front of it that said "Future home of fire station 16".

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast