Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Evolution

Okey Fine...I'll go write a book.

lol....Ok.....I'll go with the topic now.....I think that we are not evolving.
    (Have never ....will never.)
    ^Had to say it Damnit ...Just had to.......

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Newbie tinkbell2005 may be famous one day tinkbell2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i didnt say that we came from soup or anything else ur gonna come up with relating to that....i just dont believe in god and i dont believe in evolution.....and i know we came here from somewhere but im not gonna spend my life trying to figure out what to believe in.....

Newbie teddeler may be famous one day teddeler may be famous one day
    Thanks

I only had three wisdom teeth, does that mean I'm 25% evolved?

The problem with discussions about evolution is that you get people digging in their heels on both sides so it's difficult to get some give and take going.
    I'm against the idea of us evolving from slime for various reasons but I'm not so confident in my omniscience that I'm willing to completely rule it out as the possible method God used to create us. We just don't know. Scientists don't know either because in order for something to be true science it has to be observable and repeatable. Which is why pre-historical evolution will remain a theory and continue to be argued about - until we manage to invent a reliable time machine, anyway.

As for future evolution, we know that species adapt and change as their environment changes. That's an observable fact. What we don't know is how much DNA influences that and whether mutation is necessary for evolution. In America we're taller than our ancestors but that's mainly down to diet. I've heard that the people on one of the japanese islands approach our own height as the norm because they raise a lot of cows and eat a lot of beef. I also heard about a fox that was domesticated for its fur but in domestication its descendants basically turned into floppy-eared dogs (with very rough fur, ironically enough). No change of DNA there but the physical change was dramatic.

Where does adaptation leave off and evolution begin?
    Who-Otaku, brown belt.

"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinkbell2005
    i didnt say that we came from soup or anything else ur gonna come up with relating to that....i just dont believe in god and i dont believe in evolution.....and i know we came here from somewhere but im not gonna spend my life trying to figure out what to believe in.....

Ok then..........I hope that you find the your path and wish you good luck
    I wasn't trying to be mean er nuthin.....Just tellin whats on ma mind.....

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Evolution? Well it has been 5-6 months since the last round of discussions.

I'm to tired to come to a coherant original thought so I'll just quote one of my posts in a previous thread.

"I read about a Sci-Fiction author who said he believes in God because he believes in evolution. His logic went that if humanity evolved sufficiently we would become advanced enough to leave this world, terraform or even create others, travel without the need of ships, and our life spans would grow to an unlimited span due to medical science. He wondered what we would do once there was no longer disease, hunger, or age to concern ourselves with. What was left to do when there is no longer a need to toil? His conjecture was that we would create worlds and populate them with others, our "children", which we would try to guide in how to evolve themselves. He believed that if you truly believe in evolution then it is perfectly logical to believe it has already happened and that that is what God is.

It was a unique perspective. Personally I don't believe in exo-species evolution (as compared to genetic drift) but it was an interesting and well thought out concept that did provoke alot of thought."

and from Len Miyata:
    ...since the start of known civilization, the potential for human intellegence has not shown a significant change. There may have been a few percentage shifts in the Bell curve distribution due to the effects of malnutrition, but other then that, no significant change.
    My meandering aside, no, we are not evolving and we're not likely to at our current level of comfort. We change our environment to suit ourselves instead of the other way around.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie tinkbell2005 may be famous one day tinkbell2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    Ok then..........I hope that you find the your path and wish you good luck
    I wasn't trying to be mean er nuthin.....Just tellin whats on ma mind.....
    no hard feelings then.....and to get back on topic i think we are evolving (if i had to choose but like i said i dont really think about it)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    Okey Fine...I'll go write a book.

lol....Ok.....I'll go with the topic now.....I think that we are not evolving.
    (Have never ....will never.)
    ^Had to say it Damnit ...Just had to.......
    If we didnt, then expliain the cro-magmum man.

My meandering aside, no, we are not evolving and we're not likely to at our current level of comfort. We change our environment to suit ourselves instead of the other way around.
    Just because were comfortable, dont mean we wont evolve or are evolving. Other factors are at play.

No way to prove 100% we or other animals evolved. Its just theorized with fossil records.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 17, 2005 at 03:02 PM.

Newbie teddeler may be famous one day teddeler may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    If we didnt, then expliain the cro-magmum man.
    Calcium deficiency. Last I heard, the skeletons they were believing to be cro-magnum man matched extreme arthritis conditions perfectly (or was that pro-magnum man?).
    Who-Otaku, brown belt.

"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast