Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

I saw it yesterday and overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. It had great performances all around, especially by Jennifer Carpenter! That girl is going to do serious damage in the business I can tell you that. As for everything else....it had some great scares, some nice atmosphere spread throughout and quite the effective soundtrack, very suddle and unnerving. My two biggest problems with the picture is that they oftenly stick to the courtroom drama a little close....at times i thought i was watching an episode of The Peoples Court, a few of those could've been trimmed and possibly could have focused more on the horrific flashbacks (how the exorcism and everything related was shown). My biggest gripe though is that this film was in fact rated R when the original trailer was released into theatres and eventually got cut up like mince meat. I beleive that if this film was left with it's original rating and content it could've had a much stronger and haunting effect on it's viewers. But as usual.... Hollywood obviously knows what's best for us.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Here's to waiting for an un-edited version...
    If it still exists.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I'd say just hold out for the dvd, I'm pretty sure they'll release the R-rated version. Because showing people violent and disturbing content is ok at home, but don't you dare show it in a theatre, you couldn't do that now!
    Last edited by narrator; Sep 13, 2005 at 09:41 AM.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanted to see it in the theatre... But not if they cut out all the juicy bits. Bastards! LoL I'll wait for the DVD as well.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

-sigh-

I couldnt get back to sleep after waking up at 2:40 this morning...Damn movie. Overall I enjoyed myself....but I'll never think of 3 a.m. as the same.
    Seduced by Flesh

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw this movie on Sunday,and It was ok.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku kogome may be famous one day kogome may be famous one day
    Thanks

man that freaked me out my sister has to sleep with me every day

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

My roommate went with his gf the other night and they both seemed to like it but it doesnt interest me in the least right now. I'll probably check it out at the dollar theater, but for now I can wait despite their approval which isnt easy to get. Plsu there have been an abundance of lackluster Exorcism movies over the past couple years, whats missing another one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast