Thread: Extraction Program Suggestions

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Extraction Program Suggestions

Well, you've all corrupted me. I have been using Photoshop since it was invented but I had never made backgrounds. Now I can't resist.

Problem is I can't get a clean, unpixelated, extraction. I'm positive it's my program. I'm using Power DVD (it's what I have). I'm hopeing someone can give me a suggestion of a good extraction program. I have looked around the site and can't find anything on it. If it's in the tutorial thread.... as a stay at home mother I don't have the time to check all the links to find out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Arrianna.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Me, Personally, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. It has a tool called the "Mask Selection Brush" that allows you to "paint" on a selection. I've been using Elements since its first release, and I have found that with Each new version, it gets better, the only beef I have with 3.0 is that its a ram hog, but luckily I have plenty of ram. Here's a screenshot of Elements extracting an image: http://www.deviantart.com/view/8575543/

Also, inorder to get good extractions, you need high quality source material, I suggest looking around for websites that have High Res Scans. The Anime Project Alliance and Minitokyo.net are two good sites for high quality scans.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I already have Photoshop 7 and Adobe Illustrator. Cleaning images up isn't a problem. I want to make my own "scans".

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    I primarily use Elements to extract the images

If you want to make your own scans, you need a scanner with a high resolution (I Like Epson's line of photo scanners) and some pics to scan.

Thanks
    I have one of those as well. I guess I'm not being clear. I'm trying to do video extraction. Still shots that I can extract my picture from. But I'm getting lousy resolution. I'm positive that it's the player and I'm looking for a better extraction program.

Sorry.

[Edit: I think I've figured out how to get a better extraction but they're still not quite up to scratch. )
    Last edited by Arrianna; Feb 28, 2005 at 11:29 PM.