Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fact or Fiction??

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Fact or Fiction??

I've heard so many things that people think are fact fact but turn out to be fiction!!
    Ranging from urban legends to legends!!

EX.1# Like tutuinkamin being killed to a blow to the back of the neck- FICTION
    EX.2# Or a hot lady removving ur liver 'or another organ' in a motel and leaving u in a tub full of ice- FICTION
    EX.3# Man Riding bike that can fit in his hand- FACT

SO the question of this thread is to display the most outrageous thing you've heard and tell whether it's FACT or FICTION!!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    A cow with a spot on his body that looks like the earth map- it turned out to be a fiction, what would happened if it was true.

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    "always lands butter side down." tis true i tried it like 20 times and all landed butter side down.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyx
    "always lands butter side down." tis true i tried it like 20 times and all landed butter side down.
    Someone actually did a study on that one. It has to do with mass and rotation. You have to drop it from 20 feet up to have it turn completely around and land butter side up. Isn't it interesting the lengths some college proffessors will go to to get their students to study the concepts?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Someone actually did a study on that one. It has to do with mass and rotation. You have to drop it from 20 feet up to have it turn completely around and land butter side up. Isn't it interesting the lengths some college proffessors will go to to get their students to study the concepts?
    if I am not mistaken you guys must be talking about the toast theory where it's not really random as it was compared to a coin flip, learn that in stat by the way

as for the organ one, I wouldn't say it's not fiction as some third world countries does have stories like that

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

There's an entire website dedicated to the various 'Urban Legends' that are floating around...

Urban Legends Reference Pages...
    http://www.snopes.com/
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lenMiyata
    There's an entire website dedicated to the various 'Urban Legends' that are floating around...
    Cool.

But just to remind everyone....
    Ranging from urban legends to legends!!
    Let's here some real legends to!! not just fiction.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    Let's here some real legends to!! not just fiction.
    Okay, then let's try a mistake made by one of the legendary pioneers of Modern Science, Benjamin Franklin... (And anyone who's worked on a electronics project should have wondered about this one...)

We all know that electrons have a negative charge, are repelled by negative charges, and attracted by positive charges... If this is the case, then why does all electrical circuit diagrams show a flow of electric current as moving from positive to negative?!?!

The answer why this is the case is at the time, knowlege of subatomic particles were completly unknown in the 18th Century. From the observations that Benjamin Franklin made, electricity could be described as a flow of negativelly charged particles moving from negative to positive, or as a flow of positively charged particles moving from positive to negative. Without anyway to tell which was correct, Franklin guessed that it was a flow of positive charged particles. This was written in the scientific journals at the time, and eventually were written into the standards, and when it was discovered it was wrong (oops!), it wasn't changed. Thinking that electricity is a flow of positively charged particles (even though it's wrong), still works as far as designing electrical circuits are concerned, which leaves us with the current standards of today...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast