Thread: Fan Sub

Newbie xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus's Avatar
    Thanks

Fan Sub

Alright, I need a little schooling on how this whole fan sub thing works. I got completely hooked ever since I went to AX and stayed up all night in the midnight madness room. I saw a lot of great titles (Samurai Champloo, Midori No Hibe - which I think is licensed now- ) and I can't wait for them to come out on dvd. Can you guys help a sister out??

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    What do u need to know???

Find an anime online and download it and watch it

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, im not quite sure what you're asking, but ill try to give info

um, fansubs are not the same as licensed material or dvd's.. soo, yah, just incase you thought otherwise.

fansubs are just free groups that get raws of anime's from japan and translate/and a bunch of other stuff to make sure its good quality and everything, and provide it to everyone around the world for free. there are plenty of good fansub sites.. whether or not you know all of their home pages doesn't matter, sites like animesuki.com and such provide you with lists to choose from. it helps to download if yo u have bittorrent.

um im guess i cant say much more without knowing what you're looking for so.. ya, later

oh yea, and when a show gets licensed its likely that it will not be fansubbed anymore. Thus, if a series isn't finished, licensing of that series is your enemy.

The end is important in all things.

Newbie nexgenasian may be famous one day nexgenasian may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking

You can also visit IRC chats, thats were most of the fansub groups hang out so you can d/l things right as they come to be... or you can help out. I'm certain by just searching on google "IRC Fansub" you can find lots of help.

But if you need more help ask more questions here .

Newbie xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the feedback so far! I guess what I am looking for are sites where I can access fan sub titles. Looks like the IRC is a good place to start. If you have any other suggestions, I am all eyes and ears