Thread: fansub problems.

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks

fansub problems.

There's this certain fansub I downlaoded.

Format : .avi (Div-X Format)

I downloaded a complete set of them, a full seris, and only one of them don't work. I thought that it was a corrupt file at first, so deleted it and redownloaded the file. (The wonders of BitTorrent.)

Unfortuantely that didn't solve the problem, apparently this isn't a corrupted file. Currently have the K-Lite Codec Pack, and the Div-X codec from site. All the other fansubs in the seris work fine.

Whenever I try to load this particular .avi in windows media player it doesn't work. However, when trying to play it with Windows Media Classic Player (you can download it from several places, and it also comes with the K-Lite Codec Pack) it takes about 20 seconds to buffer it (you can see the status of the buffer rate at the bottom of the screen) it runs it fine, ok well not completely fine.

It seems that whenever you try to fast forward it gets some video glitch and takes a while (while the fansub is still playing with audio and everything) for the screen to adjust to the correct scene. So it's like a frozen screen effect everytime I try to fastforward it to somewhere.

Anyone got any ideas why this happens?

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have this problem a long time ago you need to install a codec pack call <AceMegaCodePack>(i think thats what it call just search that in google or somewhere the file is >than 30MB)

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ace Mega Codec Pack hasn't updated since last July, and there have been some new DivX codecs since then (it's also 45 Meg) . Mega Codec Pack 1.6 was updated a couple of weeks ago, and it is a more managable 20 Meg.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1080441198/1

Also, how is playback generally? It could also be a video card issue. For example, some of the new NVidia video card drivers have had playback issues; I personally have had to go back to the last betas (66.72) to get smooth playback on my AVIs.

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    K-Lite Codec Pack --> ("CODEC PACK") Generally recommended by most anime fansub fans (how many woodchucks could a woodchuck c....). It's a major pack which does everything. This only happened to one of the episodes out of the 21. Which is really wierd... Comments?

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i used k-lite, heard it was the best

The end is important in all things.