Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic 4

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fantastic 4

I think it's very hard to judge a movie by trailers alone. Of course there won't be as much action as a few other comic book movies but that's because this movie tells the story of how they received their powers and how they learned how to harness them. It is probably going to be sort of like the original Spiderman movie when he first discovered his power after being bitten by a spider. Then after the hero(s) learn all of the powers, the villain shows up to bring chaos and what not to the city just to gain more power and respect. That's how it is with most marvel villains and Dr. Doom is no exception. Dr. Doom has been up against not only the fantastic four but other marvel heroes as well including the hulk, spiderman, x-men, and Iron man so he is frighteningly strong. So you can't really judge a movie by it's trailer just like you can't judge a book by it's cover. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but the first spiderman movie's trailers weren't that great either but everyone loved it when the movie came out. Yet Elektra's trailers looked great and the movie didn't turn out to be as good as it was advertised.
    Cool superheroes don't always make a great movie. We've witnessed that with Daredevil. A great movie is great depending on the script, story, and the acting. I'm sure everyone knows that.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually thought, based on the trailer though, that Dr. Doom looked pretty cool. I've seen NIP/TUCK a few times and based on that I think the guy has potential to be a good Dr. Doom. Honestly I'm not expecting much out of the rest of the cast because they have to split time fighting him, but if Dr. Doom is done well and the story is halfway entertaining I dont think this will be such a bad flick. I think its getting a bum rap because it has to stand up to what Spiderman and Batman have done and lets face it, theres no way it can do that.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe it will break records, but it sounds pretty cool I guess, as far as the names go, you can't change them, so deal with it. The actors are pretty cool, but usually comic book movies don't work out, and I don't know, another Superman movie, it seems like it will bomb to me

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

^ I agree with the superman thing. It would seem a little dangerous to make another Superman movie, especially if they didn't get some great actors and decent budget for the special effects.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I hate to break it to you guys they are making a Superman Returns movie with a no name as the caped hero (Brandon Routh)--(couldn't even get the dude from Smallville, so they got his stunt double, or at least thats what he looks like) and I know Kate Bosworth is in it as well. "Le sigh"

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

There are too many movies that was based on comic books, I think this the hollywood trend right now. Remember that Ghost Rider is also in the works right now. I am getting tired of seeing all my comic book heroes and villains come to life on the big screen, some are very disappointing, some were fairly mediocre, while others were pretty good.

I dunno, I just hope that hollywood don't over use it bcoz people nowadays get tired of the same thing really fast!

Anime 4-Lyf!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Thanks

Indeed you are correct, but superhero movies will never die completely. I mean think about it, they've been around since the 70's. They arent going to end, they might take a break but then I bet you just when everyone has almost forgotten about them boom a swarm of new ones will be released. If comic movies have done one think its found the ability to stay alive and more so than ever in recent years.

Newbie Gammon029 may be famous one day Gammon029 may be famous one day Gammon029's Avatar
    Thanks

Once the comic-to-movie fad has gone dry I bet they'll jump onto the games-to-movies bandwagon. I hear Mircrosoft are negotiating with Universal for the Halo movie.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast