Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy vs Reality

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks

Fantasy vs Reality

We've all heard this question at sometime: What would you do if you were handed a million/billion/whatever dollars.

Usually we just throw out some off-the-cuff answer and go on with life. But I was thinking the other night (I get a little weird after 11 o'clock) and realized how different my stock answer was from the reality of what I would do.

So here's a slightly different question for you.

If you suddenly became a billionare, what would you do?
    1) List a few fantasies.
    2) Say what you think you'd actually do.

The differences can be interesting.

For myself:
    Fantasy) Assemble the Ultimate Amime colletion.
    Travel - Scotland, Ireland, India, Hawaii, etc
    Build a huge gothic mansion complete with secret rooms, corridors and hiding holes. Oh, and a garden maze.
    Hire my own personal chauffer.

Reality) Get more Anime, of course, but I'm not the collector type.
    Build a small, modest home, exactly the way I want it.
    Enroll in class after class. I love learning and could easily become a perpetual student given the chance.
    Pay off the mortgage on my parents home so they don't have to worry about it any more and to show gratitude for all they've done for me.

So what would you do?

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hhmmm....
    Reality - first would be tithing. Get my dream car (3000gt Vr-4), pay off a friend's restitution bills, pay off my mom's debt, pay off my student loans and support myself with that money through college, finally fulfill all those dinner promises I've made with different female friends that I still need to do. (first pay check in a while soon, so that's a thing I can actually DO). On top of that, I'd probably deposit half of it into a savings account to gain more from it. The other half would be used for other misc causes probably not really worth noting.
    Fantasy - Build my own personal theme park with the most killer rides, catering to both the roller coaster maniacs and roller coaster haters alike.
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~
    Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword, I can not embrace you.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Fantasy: Learn and master every sword style and type in the world, and then use these skills to start a killing spree to show everyone once and for all that guns are for pussies, and swords are for bad ass murderers! and have my real name changed to Dark., and live in an underground house and challenge people to duels and be the awesome!

Reality: Learn myself up, and get a good job with nintendo. Not too high that I can't work and design any video games, but not too low to not have a voice in the decison making. I'd have a fairly decent sized house, entire room dedicated to my video games, a few rich people things like pools, big screened tvs, extended garage full of awesome cars, and a lazer-tag room.

With billions of dollars, every fantasy seems to become a reality.

Newbie E=mc² may be famous one day E=mc² may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Religion is part of Fantasy
    Science is Reality

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Reality: Buy the Hearst Castle which resides on the California coastline

Fantasy: then use the grounds to train my own military in anti-zombie tactics....if an outbreak ever comes that is....and also I'll have my very own pirate ship waiting by in case i have to flee the land.
    Last edited by narrator; Mar 10, 2005 at 10:49 PM.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Fantasy: I would have to say...that i would want to buy my own weapons and learn how to become a master blacksmith..i find making things and doing other new things is very interesting and fun! ^_^

Reality: I would say....that i would want to buy land in the mountains....have electricity there...and live a life off the fruit of the land....relax...then come back to my original home and go to school...pay for my own car....(by the way, im not into friggin rich cars...i would rather have a Honda)....go to college and find a job

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E=mc²
    Religion is part of Fantasy
    Science is Reality
    I've no objection to science vs religion discussions, but sheesh, stay on topic. Random insertions really aren't polite.

Newbie BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath may be famous one day BlackDeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd probally obtain some military hardware like a AH64-D Longbow Apache. Would also love to own various guns also like the Steyr Aug rifle. Then there's the cars, Corvette's and maybe a Dodge Viper. Custom built house with an advanced security system that can initiate a complete lockdown sealing off all windows and doors with metal shutters.. xD

Buy out Microsoft, put that idiot Bill Gates out of power, buy loads of sheep and train them to be ninja assassins and bombard the whitehouse with bananas =)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast