Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Elite Torrents

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Farewell Elite Torrents

http://www.ice.gov/graphics/news/new...wars052505.htm

Looks like the end of BT is at hand?

Do you guys think this will cause less interest in anime?? Since were going to have to buy everything, ppl won't experience some animes, like they would of b4. So with less anime for ppl to view, will this cause some to lose interest in it?

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Nah...I think what they did is right. You should pay people for their good anime work.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    That only applys in the US.

That document as nothing to do with canada, europe, mexico, china, japan...ect.
    Too bad if your from the US while peoples from other countries dont have laws about internet you can still download stuffs.

Chinese governoment pay crackers to crack expencive softwares. And using cracked softwares is legal there. 3D apps cost around 10 000$ and i dont think a poor country can afford that.

US is US, not here. go away stupid cops

Newbie yum9 may be famous one day yum9 may be famous one day yum9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, you should pay, but some people can find it hard to do. The anime market in the west isn't really that competitive as the people who like anime are considered kind of like a minority, therefore they shoot prices up for anime (my idea anyways about the minority). Who really wants to pay $30 for 4 episodes when the series is 26 episodes? It's about $210 dollars, that's something young fans can't really afford, so they use P2P programs to get the whole series for virtually free.

That's not to say piracy isn't wrong, there are a lot of people that have lots millions of dollars to piracy, and some who've gotten millions of dollars of stuff downloaded off their computer. Stealing is wrong, but it will always happen.

Just a little interesting fact, in Canada, downloading isn't illegal. Some guy went to the news station, they filmed him downloading movies and music, then aired the tape, and he wasn't charged with anything.

EDIT: Some guy beat my to the Canada thing, blast! ._.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks
    That does suck, but its nothing new. This has been going on for years. I remember this was one of the big topics of discusion on AO when I joined 2 years ago, and by then it had been an issue for many years already. They say they are doing all this stuff, but its been that way for as long as I can remember and yet its still a problem. A problem that wont be fixed any time soon...

Edit: Ok, I take that last part back. I have no idea when it will be fixed, I just don't see it happening any time soon.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks
    But buying those dvds are so expensive. They cost like $30! That's such a rip-off! It could at least like $19.99( or cheaper).

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    WEll i don't think it effect's unlicensed anime so animesuki should be ok... i never even heard of Elite torrent's n'ways. All i use my bittorrent is for unlicensed anime; i see no problem in dling... seeing that's it's not illegal.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Wait. Wasn't Elite Torrents shut down because they seeded something like 10000 copies of Star Wars Episode III some TEN HOURS before the movie even PREMIERED?!

I have nothing against torrents, use em all the time (gotta love unlicensed anime).

But because of the MPAA, I'm DEFINITELY staying away from some of the... shadier aspects of torrents.

Unlicensed Anime!
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast