Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Elite Torrents

tak
    Otaku tak may be famous one day tak may be famous one day
    Thanks
    good question but, i think not realy

Newbie flamedragon1337 may be famous one day flamedragon1337 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    People will continue using peer to peer because it is not so easy to close donw and new torrent sites will just keep opening up. they are going for the most popular for a start one by one.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    http://www.ice.gov/graphics/news/new...wars052505.htm

Looks like the end of BT is at hand?

Do you guys think this will cause less interest in anime?? Since were going to have to buy everything, ppl won't experience some animes, like they would of b4. So with less anime for ppl to view, will this cause some to lose interest in it?
    No because a lot of people can't use BT (like me, it doesn't work) and get their anime from a bunch of other P2P programs.

I'm sorry if I seem like a cheap bastard, but I'm not paying for anime. There's no way I'm paying $40+ for a DVD with four episodes on it. I could buy a TV boxset for around that price. Anime just isn't worth it to me in that aspect.

Plus I don't live in the USA so I don't give a shit about MPAA or whatever...so I'll keep downloading to my own content.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    * falls over laughing at self* before i read the article i read the end of BT, i thought you meant british telecom, what a fool am i. oh well, i didn't downlaod anything anyway, i guess that some people might stop, but not many, it is good that these people are stopped as they are kinda stealing.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    To answer those who talk about the price. I download unlicensed anime, but when there is to buy, I always buy in complete box sets so as to get the cheapest. Per example the 5 DVD box of Love Hina with the special episode was 40 euros. Not expensive really.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by winryrockbell
    But buying those dvds are so expensive. They cost like $30! That's such a rip-off! It could at least like $19.99( or cheaper).
    www.deepdiscountdvd.com anime for $18 a dvd (usually) and free shipping, there, less bitching more buying.

While the crackdown has occured I'm sure it wont affect the non-licensed anime distro's too much. And if things happen to put that to rest, then another form of distributing will rise up.

You all shouldn't be downloading licensed stuff or programs and games that cost money in the first place therefore you have 0 right to whine. I download a lot of programs and games for free, and when I see this happen I figure "oh well, nice while it lasted." Just need to get over it.

Newbie sorrowfulkiller may be famous one day sorrowfulkiller may be famous one day sorrowfulkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Eh, I use Azereus which is a type of bit-torrent client, something like that won't stop me from using torrents. Even if elite torrents did get taken down, they personally did nothing wrong because all they did was supply the (LEGAL) torrent file so that the people who had already downloaded it could upload it to other people. Elite Torrents held no actual illegal files.
    If I gave you pretty enough words.
    could you pain a picture of us that works.
    an emphasis on function rather than design.
    aren't you tired cause I will carry you, on a broken back
    and blown out knees, I have been where you are for a while..
    Aren't you tired of being weak?
    Such rage that you could scream. the stars right out of the sky
    And destroy the prettiest starry night. every evening that I die.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller
    ... Even if elite torrents did get taken down, they personally did nothing wrong because all they did was supply the (LEGAL) torrent file so that the people who had already downloaded it could upload it to other people. Elite Torrents held no actual illegal files.
    Hmmm, it appears that CNet News and the Feds disagree with this statement...
    http://news.com.com/Feds+shut+down+B...3-5720541.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast