Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    I've never bothered to play either of the FF games before, but recently I saw a trailer for this one and it really wowed me. I've become pretty interested in picking up this one once it's out, but should I pick up either of the first two (or both) to get a feel for the genre? I've never really played anything like it before.
    Yeah it would be a pretty good idea to pick them up to get a good overall understanding for the series, it isn't something you need to do exactly. You'd be just fine without playing any of the titles before, it would just add to the experience if you did that's why i suggest it. If you were to only buy one though i'd HIGHLY suggest getting Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. Few games are scarier than that one, at least in my opinon.
    Last edited by narrator; Aug 15, 2005 at 08:50 AM.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    If you were to only buy one though i'd HIGHLY suggest getting Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. Few games are scarier than that one, at least in my opinon.
    Sounds ace, I'll give the used section a once over next time I'm at EB for FF2.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, another survivor horror game. I liked Fatal Frame, but I just didn't find it as scary as the Silent Hill series. But the stories are unique, and it's nice to have to battel with something other than guns. BTW, has anyone heard any info on the FF movie that was supposedly in the works? It was going to based on FF1, since it's story it loosly taken from true events. Are the stories of FF2 and 3 supposed to be based on real events too?

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    It was going to based on FF1, since it's story it loosly taken from true events. Are the stories of FF2 and 3 supposed to be based on real events too?

Ah, I dunno about the Fatal Frame series.. being based on true events, but the gameplay and camera work, is so frightening, it seems like you're right there. It would creep me out even more if it was based on a true story... wweeiirdd
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it's very loosley based on actual events. If I remember correctly, the only part that's actually true is the part about some people disappearing. Basically, the people who developed the game heard a stroy about some people just going missing, so they turned that idea into a game . So I think that only FF1 is supposed to be 'based on true events' as the box blurb says, and the other games are fictional.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie Piko-chan may be famous one day Piko-chan may be famous one day Piko-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

some says that basing that on the true story is not really true.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I just played Fatal Frame 2, waited till it was dark to play it properly and for the first half hour it was really good, very spooky and had me in a near constant state of suspence. But then the one thing that I feel messed it up was the camera. Once I got that, I had two (well three) things, a means of fighting back, and a meter to detect the presence of most spirits, which kinda kills the suspence when you can see them coming now. The other thing I also had was an opportunity to try and take upskirt shots of Mayu on the stairway

I'm a bit dissapointed to see that meter is still present in FF3, it really kills the suspence. Instead of walking slowly and cautiously, now I'm charging in and yelling "Boom! Headshot!" when I take a close photo of a spirit.

Hopefully in FF3 they just make the little indicator not as powerful, I don't want a warning when there's a ghost nearby, let 'em take a bite outta my skull first to give me a jump and alert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2