Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fate

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Fate

A few days back a question was posed to a group I am a part of. It was set up as follows:

'You can't escape your fate. - Do you believe this? Agree/Disagree - Why?'

I know it'll seem sad, but I wrote down my response because I wanted to start a thread here. Here's what I wrote:

'I disagree because I don't totally believe in fate. Therefore, if I don't believe in fate, I can't possibly believe I can escape something I don't believe in. That makes sesne right? Anyway, that's why I disagree (because I don't believe in fate to begin with.) Besides that though, another reason I disagree with it is because it conflicts with the fact of free will. Why would we be given free will if everything was predetermined? There would be no use for free will if that was the case, but the fact is we do have free will and use it every day. - In general, the idea of fate and free will do not mix and free will is a constant for all of us. Again, therefore, because of all of this, I disagree with the above statement.'

Not one of my most glamorous answers, but that's what I wrote and what I stand by. I wanted to see how you all would respond to the exact same question I had to. (^above^)

I didn't put it in the debate forum, but we will see where the conversations go...

Can't wait to see what you have to say! .^_^.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fate

Isnt this a journal thing??

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I like your answer, it's not sad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfGames
    Disagree.

I believe in Fore-ordination not Pre-destination. Now the dictionary will tell you they are the same thing but in my religion there is a very important differance. Predestination means that something is predetermined and unaterable. Fore-ordination is when there is something you are intended to do, you have been "ordained" to it, but.... whether you actually do it is entirely up to you. Think of it as holding a position with certain resposibilities. You can live up to the resposibilities and do your job/duty/etc. or you can bilk your company/country/etc. out of millions of dollars, anything else you can get, or simply slack off and waste your and their time.. It is entirely up to you.

So I entirely disagree.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Dai
    Otaku Dai may be famous one day Dai may be famous one day Dai's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, because fate really means what ends up happening to you, your destny, your fate.
    Fate will always be the same for you, no matter what you do.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Fate....something that I don't believe in. If you want/don't want something to happen in your life, you have to do something to make it happen, which can also mean to do nothing at all if what you want is nothing in particular. The only way that something will happen without your intervention is if someone interacts in your life with or without your consentlment. I think that if fate would ever exist, it would be people that have taken an interest in you and that work around your life to make it as they want it to be, though you can choose to accept what is happening or not still. So in the end, you always have a free will, unless you are forced to do something.

If fate is determined by people that attempt in controlling your life, I say fate exists at some point, but I'll never believe that a fate is from a greater being or a belief from any religion whatsoever.

And no this does not belong in a journal as it permits everyone to give their opinions on a given subject.....I'm even quite not happy of seeing so many things been almost taboo in this forum. I can't do much about anything, I guess its fate that this place has restrictions as many affect this forum just by expressing themselves in it. The mass determine this places fate in this case, it'll never change its fate on its own as a forum doesn't live or have a word of its fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice topic. I believe that one creates his own fate because of the karma of his past life. However, the Ultimate One has the undenied ability to change it. Here is a story from one of the Vedic purana that explains the latter statement.

This legend relates to the story of Shiva's protecting Markandeya (means the one who won over death) from the clutches of death. Mrikandu Munivar worshipped Shiva and sought from him the boon of begetting a son. He was given the choice between a gifted son with a short lived tenure on earth or a dunce with a long life. Mrikandu Munivar chose the former, and was blessed with Markandeya, an exemplary son, destined to die at the age of 16.Markandeya grew up to be a great devotee of Shiva. On the day of his destined death Markandeya continued to worship a Shivalingam. The messengers of Yama, the God of death were unable to take away the lad's life, given his devotion to Shiva and his being engaged in the act of worship then. Yama himself came in person to take his life away and sprung his noose around the young sage's neck. The noose landed around the Shivalingam, and out of it, Shiva emerged in all his fury, and kicked Yama and killed Death itself. He then revived him, under the condition that the devout youth would live for ever. This legend of Shiva killing death itself, is frozen in metal and held in worship at Tirukkadavur. Tirukkadavur is the shrine where thousands throng to celebrate shashti abda poorthi (60th birthdays), with the belief that the blessings of the deity enshrined would prolong their lives. Tirukkadavur is one of the 8 Veeratta temples celebrating Shiva as the destroyer of evil forces.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

I, too, do not believe in fate, although I do believe that there are certain unescapable circumstances that each person must deal with in his life, but every one is still responsible for his own choices. So in the end, we create our own outcomes, not fate.
    It's a sad thing, though, because there are some who use the concept of fate as an excuse for their own regrets.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

They also say you can choose your own fate, and if you constantly change it, you can never really "escape" it, can you?

In a way you can, in a way you can't. I don't know how to explain it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast