Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fate

Newbie Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X may be famous one day Malloc-X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fate

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfGames
    A few days back a question was posed to a group I am a part of. It was set up as follows:

'You can't escape your fate. - Do you believe this? Agree/Disagree - Why?'

I know it'll seem sad, but I wrote down my response because I wanted to start a thread here. Here's what I wrote:

'I disagree because I don't totally believe in fate. Therefore, if I don't believe in fate, I can't possibly believe I can escape something I don't believe in. That makes sesne right? Anyway, that's why I disagree (because I don't believe in fate to begin with.) Besides that though, another reason I disagree with it is because it conflicts with the fact of free will. Why would we be given free will if everything was predetermined? There would be no use for free will if that was the case, but the fact is we do have free will and use it every day. - In general, the idea of fate and free will do not mix and free will is a constant for all of us. Again, therefore, because of all of this, I disagree with the above statement.'

Not one of my most glamorous answers, but that's what I wrote and what I stand by. I wanted to see how you all would respond to the exact same question I had to. (^above^)

I didn't put it in the debate forum, but we will see where the conversations go...

Can't wait to see what you have to say! .^_^.

you said u dont beleive in fate becuase u have free will to do as u please. how do u know that everything that u have done (free will) hasn't been planned for u, like the choices u make how do u know that those choices weren't already planned for u

Newbie rpgmasterjayo may be famous one day rpgmasterjayo may be famous one day
    Thanks

I believe a part of fate, I don't beleive that you have no choice in wat's really going to happen in your life, but that by making choises new options open up and other stop existing. So there are a few fates and by the choices you make you end up taking a certain "road".

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in fate..And I agree, but they're are like multiple paths I don't believe fate predetermins one thing and one thing only. Its more like your action and how that action effects your future..like when you first watch an anime and you're like cool but say a part happens that really makes it a bad anime.so you stop watching well then you're not going to become a huge fan and spend all your money but insted you find something new...does that make sense??????
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eleonne
    It's a sad thing, though, because there are some who use the concept of fate as an excuse for their own regrets.
    This is too weird. When this topic was brought up initially, someone said almost the exact same thing. I know what you mean. If someone doesn't wish to take responsibility for something they did or a consequence that came because of it, they say that it was fate for it to happen and therefore, there was nothing they could have done different. Obviously, I disagree due to my previous statements about free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    you said u dont beleive in fate becuase u have free will to do as u please. how do u know that everything that u have done (free will) hasn't been planned for u, like the choices u make how do u know that those choices weren't already planned for u
    Erm, if my choices were already planned for me, then it would no longer be 'free will'. However, we all have free will and no where within the meaning of it is there anything about having your choices made for you. That makes sense, right? Anyway, I'm sure you see my point .^_^.

Otaku dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141's Avatar
    Thanks

fate can be allowed to be given or not like if you are a good artist and don't draw you do not allow your fate..i though am a good runner and i accepted some of my fate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2