Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fate of Nintendo

Otaku roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith's Avatar
    Thanks

The Fate of Nintendo

I can't help but wonder what will be the fate of Nintendo. Wil they make a new console to "compete" with Microsoft and Sony or will they strictly make handhelds which has always been their strength if you ask me. Or will they simply just make games like Sega is. Please post your opinion I would like to know.
    This pain is sratching at my bone.
    And this Loneliness won't leave me alone.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well.. the Revolution is a completly wonderful thing, it will be able to backplay all games made to the NES and possibly have universal controler ports for sale, it will have memory cards though (a minus) and memory cards are expensive. This will outsell the XBOX 360 (I hope...) I HATE ALL THE MICROSOFT ENGINEERS.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    Well.. the Revolution is a completly wonderful thing, it will be able to backplay all games made to the NES and possibly have universal controler ports for sale, it will have memory cards though (a minus) and memory cards are expensive. This will outsell the XBOX 360 (I hope...) I HATE ALL THE MICROSOFT ENGINEERS.
    hate them you might but that wont change the fact that the 360 will more than likely outsell nintendo's frail attempt to keep a foot in the console market by miles
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Otaku roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    See that is exactly why I think they should just make games.It would be easier for me because then I don't have to buy a whole new system just to get the new Zelda Titles.

But I have to agree tva MICROSOFT'S ENGINEERS SHOULD BE PUT ON PUBLIC DISPLAY ANd hAVE ROTTEN FOOD THROWN AT THEM!!!!!!

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_smith
    See that is exactly why I think they should just make games.It would be easier for me because then I don't have to buy a whole new system just to get the new Zelda Titles.

But I have to agree tva MICROSOFT'S ENGINEERS SHOULD BE PUT ON PUBLIC DISPLAY ANd hAVE ROTTEN FOOD THROWN AT THEM!!!!!!
    i agree whole heartedly on the nintendo being a game developer, i loved when sega made that decision. and discontinued inthe console market after dreamcast [ marvelous console btw ]. nintendo should follow their steps. but what i want you to explain is why you dislike the microsoft engineers, i'm a linux userand i really dont like M$ but its for my own reasons and its related to there computing platform and not the gaming console.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    dito and dito. Especially with the I need more than "I hate microsoft engineers wanh wanh wanh" honestly sounds like a child when they rant that someone stole their sucker. Lets hear some reasons. I'm a fan of both the PS and Xbox. Nintendo let me down with the N64 and has never really made it up to me yet. But even if they do/can that doesn't make me hate engineers for these new consoles. I'm really interested to hear why. Cause at current the new Xbox and PS3 seem poised to have a duel. And for now even with me getting both I have a feeling it'll be like last time and I'll have more games on PS3 and just a few hardcorp great games on my Xbox 360. The PS3 just looks to be a powerhouse overall that will be hard to beat. But it doesn't make me hate the 360 or its engineers. I think they are doing a fine job and really trying to make the whole idea of gaming better for us consumers especially with their enhancements to the online realm of consoles, which is very commendable.

on topic I agree that one day they may just be better off making only handheld consoles and putting their games on the other systems. As with you I agree that the only reason I play my friends cube would be so I can play the latest Zelda. (And I did play RE4) but its hard to get a system just for those titles. They definitely have their hardcorp fans. But makes you wonder if its really profitable. They were bragging big time in their conference but it was all about their handhelds (which they are right) so the day may come they have to step back and just say lets stick with whats working for us and just do the handhelds and move their franchises to other consoles. Not saying it'll happen but its something they could think about. If they decide to keep making consoles thats fine too. Its just really hard for me to buy theirs as with the last few there are just so few games that appeal to my age group.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; May 23, 2005 at 11:17 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    I see it like this. Just about every game for the Xbox you can get for your comp.
    I just seems like they are trying to make more money which they donot need. Specially Gates who just keeps over filling his wallet. the man has enough cash for twelve lifetimes but he still demands more. Being a semipoor person i see something incredibly wrong with that. And if you get the Xbox because you like having a controller instead of using the keyboard you are stupid because they sell compatible controllers for cpu's so you are just waisting money.I have had this argument with a freind before and he said he perfers a 52" plasma compared to a 19"That is a plausible statement but not good enough for me. Anyways the fact of the matter is Microsoft does not have to make Xboxes. they just want to and they are driving the companies that have been around since the damn near begining(sega) into the fuking ground and that is not right.In a way its stealing but in a way its not.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_smith
    And if you get the Xbox because you like having a controller instead of using the keyboard you are stupid because they sell compatible controllers for cpu's so you are just waisting money
    anh you had me on good terms right up until about this statement. I am an avid PC FPS but that doesn't mean I wasn't eventually able to take to an xbox controller. I actually owned Halo on PC first and bought an XBox last july to play with my other two roommates because quite simply its fun to be in the same home and play lan games. They dont have super high end computers such as myself so that kidn of lan game is not plausable. And while you can get controllers for pc games almost all I have found run into compatibility problems with one if not all games I come across. One which works great on this game works poorly on another. Take into account then that almost all PC FPS's are made for a keyboard. They just do not map well to a controller at all. So the statement of calling people "stupid" simply because they like a controller and on a console really cuts your legs out from under you in regards to how I view your opinions now. I mean honestly just because a person likes a different medium than you does not give you a right to call them stupid.

While I as well do not care for Gates monopolization of most mediums it does not translate into me hating certain products from Microsoft. There comes a point to where people need to either like something or not like it. To automatically dislike it to the point of calling people "stupid" just because you hate the man who owns its copyright is childish to say the least.

In short you have called myself and just about most any xbox owner stupid simply because they like their xbox and its games. I would consider stupid to be a person who cannot let others enjoy something they enjoy without trying to convince them that they are deluded and or stupid because they dont see things the same way as they do. Years back I used to be an xbox hater and you know I was wrong. I hate something without giving it a chance. Then I got over it. There was no point to deny myself some quality titles just because it was on another console or because it was owned by a tyrant or whatnot.

I for one will continue to play all of the next gen consoles and my pc with the games on each that I find to enjoy most on that particular system. This includes the PS3, the Xbox 360, Nintendo and PC.

Which you do of course realize that PS3 also has some games which will appear on PC. Are they now also under the blanket of stupidity for making a console since really all games can be on PC. But the fact remains not everyone has or wants a pc for gaming. Thats the point you may be missing, if every game in existance was on a PC that would not mean consoles would not be needed. Because they are for a completely different market. Neither of which is stupid.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast