Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fate of Nintendo

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    but they still have contributed the most to the industry than Microsoft and Sony combined.

not true. as much as I grew up with nintendo they stopped really knocking down the doors of innovation quite awhile back minus very small rumblings that weren't exactly trend setters. They truly have "icons" however its come down to them holding onto those for hits. In fact almost all they have that truely sell well on consoles are those icons. And without them they wouldn't be doing as good as they do. They can't simply keep clinging to them to bail them out constantly. Both sony and microsoft have both contributed quite a lot to the business. And while nintendo hailed quite a bit in the past, it doesn't equal enough to carry them to being listed as having "contributed the most". They may have at one time, but are quickly being eclipsed. Much of what you stated was Nintendo's motto the last two systems, and it hasn't panned out then and as early as it may be I dont see it being any different. They simply dont have the third party support. They are much more first party. As by your own comparison you can't judge early, yet you've already written off the PSP as many wrote off the Playstation back in its first year. And look what happened then. Back in the day everyone said nintendo would infinitely hold console supremacy.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Just as you're writing off nintendo now against microsoft and sony right? I disagree Gig, nintendo has sculpted the way gaming ought to be, they may not be the masters at it, but they are a huge influence to sony's sucess. Wireless controllers, rumblings as you put it, nintendo has made the most innovations, and contributions. The touch screen concept; old to computers, new to gaming. No I think you're mistakened, nintendo has contributed the most, they're the old masters who've been pasted by the students; namely, sony and Xbox.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    nintendo has sculpted the way gaming ought to be, they may not be the masters at it,

That is an opinion not a fact. You may see it as being the way gaming "ought" to be. But that doesn't mean it is and or that everyone would agree with you. And touchscreens are honestly not all some people make them out to be. For someone with my gaming tastes they are in fact useless, as is the one on the DS. That being my opinion whereas younger gamers make enjoy it more and thats there perogative. But you can't throw your opinions in as facts of an industry. But you just made my point and backed it up, they were passed by the students and therefor are no longer the front runners. Couldn't have said it better myself

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Nevertheless, nintendo still has the industry by "the balls" as I'll put it, and is not what I would think as in dire straights just yet. Eventually graphics will reach peaks, and then what? The power of these systems won't matter, and games will matter. And personally, I don't think shooters will support microsoft forever. As for sony, they have it going good for them. But they will undoubtibly meet the downfall as nintendo did. Just wait and see...

Thanks
    quite the pessimist. Regardless Nintendo's footing has only been solid in the handheld market. And that would mainly be because noones even tried. They'll always have a good set in this market due to their orientation towards a younger audience. As there will always be a need for games to be geared towards the younger gamers. And I see nintendo as ideal for that market. But that is where they have their best chance and will flourish. But the consoles for older gamers are undeniably the Xbox and PS at this point. And PS has a gaming library to rival even the great SNES. There may come a day when a new rival comes out to put down all current companies. But that day certainly isn't now. And many of the great games out on those two systems are not great because of their graphics, but because of their gameplay. Sony did not get the top spot on graphics alone, and in fact all analyst have said out of the current 3 big consoles that the PS2's graphics were the weakest. Yet its still the leader. They didn't get there by selling millions of games carried by graphics alone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    Sony did not get the top spot on graphics alone, and in fact all analyst have said out of the current 3 big consoles that the PS2's graphics were the weakest. Yet its still the leader. They didn't get there by selling millions of games carried by graphics alone.
    Since when did the 'cube EVER outmatch PS2 in power? As I recall, of the systems now, the order of most powerful was Xbox, PS2, and 'cube. When did the PS2 come out weakest? I want a link! (btw, I'm changing the subject because it's obvious you and me could bicker about this all day. and quite frankly, I'm not in the mood.)

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    The Gamecube is stronger than the playstation 2 man. Resident Evil 4 is proof enough. IGN said that it has to be rebuilt for the ps2 since it's graphics aren't as strong as the gamecube.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Thanks
    well. That's news to me. But that still doesn't matter, because nintendo uses those little puny discs that don't take as much info... even if it the second most powerful system (apparently) the discs are too small. How stupid!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast