Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fate of Nintendo

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    In terms of graphical output the facts are this:

1) Microsoft Xbox
    2) Nintendo Gamecube
    3) Sony Playstation 2
    4) Sega Dreamcast

Those are the consequences of having a system out a little earlier, the competition just has more time to develop with newer technologies. Just because PS2's graphical output's the weakest doesn't mean that it looks terrible, the margin of difference probably isn't that big but still big enough to effect some multi platform games. Either way, it's just now the end of the Current Gen's lifespan and the devs are using each system to 100% of their potential so just NOW we're running into the issue of graphic output differences, but is it truely enough to make a visual difference to the consumer?

Maybe, if you REALLY look for it.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    In terms of graphical output the facts are this:

1) Microsoft Xbox
    2) Nintendo Gamecube
    3) Sony Playstation 2
    4) Sega Dreamcast

Those are the consequences of having a system out a little earlier, the competition just has more time to develop with newer technologies. Just because PS2's graphical output's the weakest doesn't mean that it looks terrible, the margin of difference probably isn't that big but still big enough to effect some multi platform games. Either way, it's just now the end of the Current Gen's lifespan and the devs are using each system to 100% of their potential so just NOW we're running into the issue of graphic output differences, but is it truely enough to make a visual difference to the consumer?

Maybe, if you REALLY look for it.
    Yeah, the power of a console usually starts to be noticeable when it's lifespan is nearing it's end. The graphical differences between the Xbox and PS2 are more and more noticable (especially the aliasing) nowadays, when the technology is really ahead of the hardware.
    But I think it will take even longer this time because the consoles are almost equal in power (at least that's what I got out of the hardware reviews).

This will be an advantage for Xbox because they release sooner.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah mostly, but then again you gotta remember its really more up to when the developers get the dev kits and starting learning the ins and outs. Its not so much the consoles coming out as how long they have with the dev kits. So if they already have both the xbox and ps3 ones then they have equal time on each. So they will pretty much be on par for how much they know as far as coding and what they can/can't do. Unless one dev kit is harder then the other to work with like the PS2 was last time. Which I thought they said this time around it wasn't. Dunno though

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    yeah mostly, but then again you gotta remember its really more up to when the developers get the dev kits and starting learning the ins and outs. Its not so much the consoles coming out as how long they have with the dev kits. So if they already have both the xbox and ps3 ones then they have equal time on each. So they will pretty much be on par for how much they know as far as coding and what they can/can't do. Unless one dev kit is harder then the other to work with like the PS2 was last time. Which I thought they said this time around it wasn't. Dunno though
    From what I read the Cell Processor chip is going to make things pretty difficult for dev's on the PS3, Xbox 360's isn't going to be much easier but probably not as bad.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    hate them you might but that wont change the fact that the 360 will more than likely outsell nintendo's frail attempt to keep a foot in the console market by miles

Play nice now, it is my opinion, it well could outsell microsoft depending on when halo 3 comes out....
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    dito and dito. Especially with the I need more than "I hate microsoft engineers wanh wanh wanh" honestly sounds like a child when they rant that someone stole their sucker. Lets hear some reasons. I'm a fan of both the PS and Xbox. Nintendo let me down with the N64 and has never really made it up to me yet. But even if they do/can that doesn't make me hate engineers for these new consoles. I'm really interested to hear why. Cause at current the new Xbox and PS3 seem poised to have a duel. And for now even with me getting both I have a feeling it'll be like last time and I'll have more games on PS3 and just a few hardcorp great games on my Xbox 360. The PS3 just looks to be a powerhouse overall that will be hard to beat. But it doesn't make me hate the 360 or its engineers. I think they are doing a fine job and really trying to make the whole idea of gaming better for us consumers especially with their enhancements to the online realm of consoles, which is very commendable.

on topic I agree that one day they may just be better off making only handheld consoles and putting their games on the other systems. As with you I agree that the only reason I play my friends cube would be so I can play the latest Zelda. (And I did play RE4) but its hard to get a system just for those titles. They definitely have their hardcorp fans. But makes you wonder if its really profitable. They were bragging big time in their conference but it was all about their handhelds (which they are right) so the day may come they have to step back and just say lets stick with whats working for us and just do the handhelds and move their franchises to other consoles. Not saying it'll happen but its something they could think about. If they decide to keep making consoles thats fine too. Its just really hard for me to buy theirs as with the last few there are just so few games that appeal to my age group.

Here is my reason for hating them and it might not appeal to you and I AM whining... Squaresoft was bought by Microsoft and have been given the right to keep their name. Yet squaresoft must make all the final fantasy games from here on out ONLY for microsoft gaming systems, I have had bad expiriances with microsoft materials and wholly perfer Sony's creations.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Since when did the 'cube EVER outmatch PS2 in power? As I recall, of the systems now, the order of most powerful was Xbox, PS2, and 'cube. When did the PS2 come out weakest? I want a link! (btw, I'm changing the subject because it's obvious you and me could bicker about this all day. and quite frankly, I'm not in the mood.)

Hey buddy, guess what the "cube" was built stronger and better than any of the other systems. did you know that smarty? listen the only system to survive a coffee spill, a knock off the table (X BOX failed here), Aten foot drop (PS2 Failed here), and a hit with a golf club and still sucessfully work was the "cube" nintendo may be outclassed in graphics and games but still produce quality products, ones that will withstand ove the ages of college roomates partying in my dorm room. So stop your incessant chattering and finally get it in your head that Nintendo HAS the CAPABILITY to EXCEED but they choose not too they go and proficiently produce handheld gaming systems of quality... to an extent. The DS still is more damage resistant then the PSP, does'nt matter what you think that is a proved statistic. You all have the right to like the system of your choice but come on dont be babies about it, a girl can only read so much "bullshit" in a day and you guys have exceeded that already, come on cant you act civilized like GIG? at least he debates reasonably and acts like a gentleman when he knows he's lost, but you cant do that you have to bullshit iot all day long!

thank you and enjoi,
    Rena

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    a knock off the table (X BOX failed
    An xbox has survived a bullet via 9mm pistol as was reported from a news site about a year ago (link not handy) so uhhh yeah, I've dropped my xbox plenty of times and it still works fine.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast