Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Fate of Nintendo

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    No, I'm talking about recently.
    So your definition of "hardly ever" is actually "recently".

Yes, "recently" they don't rely on (*cough* can't get many) 3rd party games but rely on their own 1st party games. Also "recently" they were rated as third in the console system wars.

I rest my case.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    But lets talk about what nintendo has done now with their new system. It sounds like it's better than the 360, the innovation that's coming with it seem to be some smart Ideas for their 1st party games, it's going to be 20 years backward compatable and online. Won't know officially how the system does until it comes out, but it looks like they are fixing some mistakes they made with the GC.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'll leave discussions on the new systems to those who care.

Since Nintendo hasn't put out a game I care about for years I don't really pay attention to their new system release faqs.... Especially when they haven't released them yet.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    we can go on and on and on about the what if's and what about's on the revolution, but until we actually see some in-game footage and real world statistics, all the speculated grandeur of the revolution is moot.

i don't wanna belittle the revolution, but what exactly does it make it better than the xbox360? because it's now online and has backwards compatibility? is it also because it's got some cool innovations coming with it? are these features alone suffice enough to be better than the xbox360? just because these innovations will assumingly be great for 1st party games, they won't be appealing anymore once the novelty wears off and 3rd party companies don't take advantage of it. there's already plenty of examples of "innovations" that has come out in the consoles [mostly from nintendo] and most of them died because of lack of 3rd party support.

the one thing that concerns me the most about these features is the possibility that nintendo is alienating itself from games that're multi-platform. have you ever tried playing capcom vs snk 2 eo on the gamecube? it's like relearning how to play the game cuz the buttons are mixed up. i know this has nothing to do with "innovation" but there's a point where programmers and consumers shun from games on a certain platform cuz the controls are too hard to use [which translates to low sales and probably loss in profit]. i'm mainly referring to how exactly are the programmers and consumers going to cope with the speculated, programmable touch screen controllers? it's a nice innovation, but i don't think we're ready for it yet. if software companies feel it's too much of a hassle, then they won't do make any games for it which in turn makes revolution have one less potential game on its library.

the backwards compatibility with nintendo is a bit different than sony's standpoint such that nintendo never had it for it's home consoles, while sony had it implemented in each upgrade. what i mean here is that you can't stick an snes cartridge in an n64 while you can stick a ps1 game into a ps2 and it'll work. i like the idea, but it'd be great if it was backwards compatible with games i still own. i don't like the idea of paying again for a game i already own, but i guess that's the cost of convenience? hopefully the games won't be overpriced.

it's a step in the right direction for nintendo that they're implementing backwards compatibility. maybe they finally understand that the big reason why consoles sell is because of the amount of games one could play on it.
    Last edited by maverickvns; May 25, 2005 at 07:39 PM.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I hope that Nintendo will just go away, i think they are past there sell by date.Jan

Newbie mastrtim may be famous one day mastrtim may be famous one day
    Thanks

Unhappy My reply.............

[QUOTE=roger_smith]I can't help but wonder what will be the fate of Nintendo. Wil they make a new console to "compete" with Microsoft and Sony or will they strictly make handhelds which has always been their strength if you ask me. Or will they simply just make games like Sega is. Please post your opinion I would like to know.[/QUOTE/
    I think they make games and the handhelds but hopefully Nintendo is not gone.....

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Check this out, it's about the Nintendo revolution.
    http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp...rticle_id=3956

A little excerpt about it's 'power'.

Specs

It seems in this war of new consoles the only clear profit-maker is IBM. IBM has made the PowerPC-based core(s) for the Xbox 360, the Cell processor for Sony in conjunction with Sony and Toshiba, and also the Power-PC G5 based processor(s) for the Nintendo Revolution. Not one, but four! Yes, apparently the Revolution will feature FOUR 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5-class processors, codenamed "Broadway", and a graphics processor by ATI, codenamed "Hollywood", the dual-core RN520, with 16MB of frame buffer DRAM. Technically, this makes the Revolution a bit more powerful (2.5 x 4 > 3.2 x 3, 16 > 10). The Revolution also features 512 MB of memory.
    I don't really trust it completely though, doesn't the PS3 have a single + PowerPC based core + seven synergistic processing units?

Edit:
    The specs seem to be correct, some chinese articles say the same thing.
    Not a little, weak console afterall...
    Last edited by Hassun; May 27, 2005 at 03:25 PM.

Newbie Atsumori may be famous one day Atsumori may be famous one day Atsumori's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have read some of the posts in this thread, and i keep seein nintendo competing with xbox and playstation. i dont think nintendo competes directly with the other consoles. they make certain types of games that appeal to certain type of gamers. even though that audience is small.

nintendo doesn't have a lot of third party support because they only appeal to a small audience and game developers dont want to make games for a console that doesn't have a large audience.

nintendo will always being in the console business as long as they have that audience. look at apple computers they only have approx. 10% of the pc market still they keep on making computers.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast