Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Fate of Nintendo

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsumori
    I have read some of the posts in this thread, and i keep seein nintendo competing with xbox and playstation. i dont think nintendo competes directly with the other consoles. they make certain types of games that appeal to certain type of gamers. even though that audience is small.

nintendo doesn't have a lot of third party support because they only appeal to a small audience and game developers dont want to make games for a console that doesn't have a large audience.

nintendo will always being in the console business as long as they have that audience. look at apple computers they only have approx. 10% of the pc market still they keep on making computers.
    good point but we have seen this path walked by sega before, so if you should treat this as an experiment and check the factors involved you'll see that both situations were sorta the same i.e sega and nintendo. sega like nintendo made good games the problem was too small an audience. nintendo has just managed to survive a bit longer there demise is an inescapable eventuality.
    Last edited by death_knight; May 28, 2005 at 01:10 PM.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Newbie Atsumori may be famous one day Atsumori may be famous one day Atsumori's Avatar
    Thanks
    zelda will live on muhaaaa

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Check this out, it's about the Nintendo revolution.
    http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp...rticle_id=3956

A little excerpt about it's 'power'.

I don't really trust it completely though, doesn't the PS3 have a single + PowerPC based core + seven synergistic processing units?

Edit:
    The specs seem to be correct, some chinese articles say the same thing.
    Not a little, weak console afterall...
    Nintendo is growing up.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Maybe...

I certainly wouldn't count it out of competition yet. Especially since we know next to nothing about the Revolution.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ good point. And who's to say nintendo will meet it's fate this generation? Nintendo may produce a N6 or 7 before they meet their end. Time will only tell nintendo's fate.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    yea i'll admit that nintendo has kept us in the dark with the consoles capability. guess time will tell its a three way mexican stand off ps has fired M$ has fired its now Nintendo's turn.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    They said further specs would be unveiled throughout this year, just to keep their "rivaling consoles" guessing. I would much like to know their specs to see just how well they stack up.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    I hope they do good.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast