Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fave Greek god/goddess?

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Fave Greek god/goddess?

Well, since Greek mythology is interesting enough, I just thought that this question would be interesting as well.

Mine is Artemis, whose Latin name is Diana. Artemis is the goddess of the chase and the moon, her being the goddess of the moon associated with birth. She is also the protector of young women and the chief huntress of the gods. All animals are sacred to her, especially the deer. She is one of the three virgin goddeses of the Great Olympians. Her weapon is the bow and arrow, as well as Apollo's, her twin brother.

There are many more gods/goddesses in Greek mythology, which one appeals to you the most?
    Last edited by eleonne; Feb 02, 2005 at 09:27 PM.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Morpheus, the God of Sleep and Dreams im big on mythologoy myself....

Tem
    Otaku Darts - 301 Champion, Chopper2 Champion Tem may be famous one day Tem may be famous one day Tem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Athena the goddess of wisdom... jst really into her, her name and stature, just gets me on awe to her

"Tama-chan! "

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ares God of War.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hermes, the cunning Master Thief, Great God of Commerce and Merchants, gets my vote... I really love the tale of how he started his profession in less than a day old... Swiftly robbing Apollo of his herds and winning the elder god's forgiveness by the lyre of which he created from the tortoise's shell... Such a clever brilliant god should be given a lot of respect and admiration...

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    i like Artemis coz she has cool silver arrows and she's the god of the wild... and all the animals are sacred for her..
    Death Soul Collector

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aphrodite, the goddess of love, haha.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero's Avatar
    An awful place with mean people known as South Florida
    Thanks
    My answer has always been the same since the beginning of my love of mythology; Dionysus. People always view him as some crazy old drunk diety (something like the one in Disney's 'Fantasia'), but in the texts I've read, he's always been beautiful and charming and compared to Apollo. Frankly, I just think he's the coolest of all the gods because he's so different than the rest of them. For one thing, he's the only god who didn't cheat on his wife which is saying a lot. And he was one of the only gods who had true respect for women in that time. He'd be a total woman's rights activist. Not to mention, his Bacchanals (or wild parties) must have been friggin' amazing, give or take a human sacrifice here or there but whatever... I've been asked this question in a thread before and my answer was really long with too much information and I think I'm heading there again so I'll just stop right about here and sum it up by saying, if he went to my school, I'd be his best friend .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast