Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fave Greek god/goddess?

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks
    My favorites are Hermes and Hephaestus.

My favorite Hermes story is the one about him stealing Apollo's cows when he was just a baby, and I like how he is always sent to aid certain heroes, like giving Odysseus the information needed to stay immune to Kirke/Circe's spell or when he helps Perseus.

I like Hephaestus because he represents a hard work ethic.
    Last edited by Karn; Jan 30, 2005 at 01:15 AM.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka X
    Artemis, Apollo and Poseidon
    How could I have forgotten Poseidon.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hades! umm thats it.Jan

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Athena, Posiedon... theyre all cool and all.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    My favorite Greek goddess...definetly Rhea. She's the mother of Zeus, and there's a pretty interesting story about how her husband Chronos kept eating her children so none of them would grow up to overthrow him. so when she had Zeus, she sent him away to be raised by nymphs, or some other creatures like that, and when he got old enough, Zeus returned home and made chronos regurgitate all the other kids he'd eaten. Kinda gross, I know, but I also like Rhea because that's my real name, so it' skinda cool to be able to say I was named after a goddess!

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like Apollo...I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to him.

I guess it's because he openly had homosexual relationships, was extremely beautiful and never seemed to lament over anything. I know, he seems like a real jerk (including tricking his sister into killing her lover because he was jealous), but I think he's so..lovely.
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

Newbie Naruto may be famous one day Naruto may be famous one day Naruto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hades is the best he is the lord of the underworld and thats cool
    HEY ALL OF YOU IF YOU WANT A GMAIL ACCOUNT PM ME!!!!

Newbie HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero may be famous one day HiroIsMyHero's Avatar
    An awful place with mean people known as South Florida
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderlandless
    I like Apollo...I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to him.

I guess it's because he openly had homosexual relationships, was extremely beautiful and never seemed to lament over anything. I know, he seems like a real jerk (including tricking his sister into killing her lover because he was jealous), but I think he's so..lovely.
    As far as lamenting and Apollo goes, perhaps you haven't heard the story of him and his lover, Hycinthus (I think I spelt that wrong). It's a sad/funny story in which Apollo and Hycinthus were throwing the diskus (practically a stone frisbee heh) and Apollo throws it and Hycinthus, being the beautiful fool that he was, does a "I'll get it! I'll get it!", goes to catch the diskus which is inforced with like 'god force' and ends up getting hit in the face with it, a fatal blow which causes immediate death unfortunatly. Boy did Apollo cry over that one; blaming himself, "why me!" "why you!" sorta thing. And in love for Hycinthus, Apollo turns the boys body into a flower which happens to be... the Hycinthus! Touching story really, once you get over the laughter of it.

Oh and Dionysus was openly homosexual too. I mean, one of his animals of worship was the snake because he 'loved its phallic shape' and he had a simular event with a lover like the Apollo/Hycinthus thing, but instead of a flower it resulted in the vine which led to wine whoo hoo! Well I'm not teaching a Classic's course, once again I'll stop myself from prattling on any longer...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast