Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Books

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Books

Well, we have a favorite thread on just about everything else, so I thought it was time for a favorite book thread. I'm interested to know favorite genres (horror, mystery, etc..) as well as specific books. This will be good for those of you looking for a good read! Just be sure not to give out too much of the plot.

I read mostly Horror, Sci Fi and Fantasy, my fav authors include Anne Rice, Stephen King and Terry Goodkind.

As for favorite books, one of the best I've ever read was one called Ender's Game by Orson scott Card. It reminds me A LOT of NGE, and it has a great twist of an ending. This is the first of a series, and it actually splits into 2 different spinoffs, most of which I've read, but this one remains my favorite of them all.

Anther good book is one a lot of you should recognize...Battle Royale , the book that spawned one of the most controversial Japanese movies of all time. the book was just recently translated and released here about 2 years ago, and man, is it one hell of a disturbing book. the movie is very difficult to fine, so if anyone has ever wanted to see it, I suggest the book instead. It's probably better than the movie anyway!

Okay, now it's your turn. Let me and everone else know what kind of bookworm you are!

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    I don really have a favorite one. But I have a favorite serie.

I am a real fan of the serie forgotten Realms. for those that don't really know this, It a collection of fantasy adventure. the best of them is those made by R.A. Salvator relating the story of a dark elf named Drizzt Do'Urden.

I got all of them.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoruss
    I don really have a favorite one. But I have a favorite serie.

I am a real fan of the serie forgotten Realms. for those that don't really know this, It a collection of fantasy adventure. the best of them is those made by R.A. Salvator relating the story of a dark elf named Drizzt Do'Urden.

I got all of them.
    Isn't that series really long? I know I've read some of Salvator's works, but none of those.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ah, goodness, another FR junkie waiting for their next fix...

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to like those really adventurous books where there's not soo much gore in it...but gots some good action and stuff where u can just picture the scene in your head

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Ah, goodness, another FR junkie waiting for their next fix...
    I know what's it like waiting for the next book of a series. I'm waiting for the next in the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. It doesn't come out till May...

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    Isn't that series really long? I know I've read some of Salvator's works, but none of those.
    Not really. For the main Story, There is 9 books.

But all after these R.A. is going to a 6 serie talking of the origin beind Drizzt story.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ive read too many good books to have just one favorite. One that i love is Timeline by Micheal Crichton... it has a great concept and all sorts of cool quantum theory makes a very interesting read. My favorite genre is Fantasy and some of my favorite series are The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (the whole series is like 10,000 pgs though) and the Belgariad by David Eddings, actually any book by David Eddings is one of my favs. And hey, why not just say it, Harry Potter!! Reading Rules!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast