Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Books

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    lets see, The LOTR trilogy(very awesomely good read), I like a contemporary author by the name of Barry Eisler, he is american/japanese and he writes spy fiction, his series is called The Rain series, its about a half american/japanese judo master who fought in Vietnam as a special forces agent and now is living in japan running his own protection agency. It's a great series. Can't wait for his next book

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    There is a cople of books that come to mind.
    Airframe by Michael Crichton; i've read a couple of his books prior to this one, but this was just good..it's definitely a page turner, it has so many twists and turns that would keep you guessing till the end.
    I also enjoy Jhon Grisham work, i like all the lawyer stuff. I ilke The Rainmaker and A Time to Kill (better than the movies, the movies were pretty good, but nothing like reading a book)
    I like reading mostly about cops and lawyers work.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HRob
    There is a cople of books that come to mind.
    Airframe by Michael Crichton; i've read a couple of his books prior to this one, but this was just good..it's definitely a page turner, it has so many twists and turns that would keep you guessing till the end.
    I also enjoy Jhon Grisham work, i like all the lawyer stuff. I ilke The Rainmaker and A Time to Kill (better than the movies, the movies were pretty good, but nothing like reading a book)
    I like reading mostly about cops and lawyers work.
    I've read a few of Grisham's works. I really enjoyed The Client. I don't know if that's considered one of his better works, but I liked it.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    currently Misery by stephen King, and Coma by this other guy

two great books, and I've just started on the first few chapters

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I like books of kinds that art of the fictional typewriter.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    currently Misery by stephen King, and Coma by this other guy

two great books, and I've just started on the first few chapters
    Ever read Desperation or the Regulators by King? Holy crap, those are two of the scariest books I've ever read. Misery is pretty creepy, but it pales in comparison to the other two.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    now that you've mention those two, i'd be sure to check it out

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Immortal may be famous one day Immortal may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Crisis Four- Andy McNab
    Bravo Two Zero- Andy McNab
    Infinity Beach- Jack McDevitt
    Dreamland- Dale Brown

Infinity Beach has got to be one of the best sci-fi novels I've ever read. Portrays a possible first contact scenario pretty believably as well as being a good mystery story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast