Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Guitarist: (Deceased or Alive)

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

Favorite Guitarist: (Deceased or Alive)

I know some of you guys have to play guitar and/or have a favorite guitarist as of now, or the best ever in your opinion. I myself play guitar, and find it one of the best things to come, in ways of expression. My top would be: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, and Lindsey Buckinghamm.

Sooo. . .
    Everybody's fave guitarist ?
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Newbie asunaki_koufuku may be famous one day asunaki_koufuku may be famous one day asunaki_koufuku's Avatar
    Thanks
    Kaoru - dir en grey
    Ken - L'arc~en~ciel
    Rie fu

<3

Newbie Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im into more baseplayers if anything, but Jimmy Hendrix for shore

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Jimmi Hendrix of course
    Jimmy Page from Led Zepplin

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Jimmy Page was so overrated. He wasn't even the best guitarist in his own band. That honor belongs to John Paul Jones.

Anyway here are my favorites:

Alex Lifeson (Rush) -he was mediocre at best in the early years, but his later work (and his side project Victor) is fantastic.

Joe Satriani - The one guitar album that must be owned is Satriani's Surfin' with the Alien. Pure ****ing genius.

Frank Zappa- Listen to Weasels Ripped my Flesh and you'll see what I mean.

Jimi Hendrix- duh. Star Spangled Banner. Need I say more?

Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) / Eddie Van Halen - I put these two together not for their skill but for the fact that their music is imitated by every 15 year-old would-be rocker on the ****ing planet.

Dave Mustaine (Metallica, Megadeth) -It's too f'ing bad he went and got all political. That ruined him.

John Coltrane, Muddy Waters, B.B. King -Thou must bow down and worship the Blues.

Eric Clapton -I'm talking Clapton in his Cream and Derek and the Dominoes days.

Johnny Ramone (Ramones) -never will be the most talented guitarist, but can you think of someone who did as much as Johnny with only 3 chords?

Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap) - just because.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie Infinity may be famous one day Infinity may be famous one day Infinity's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmmmmm quite alot to list down. oh well

john petruci
    slash
    joe satriani
    jimmy hendrix
    steve vai
    paul gilbert

actually there's more if i want to include those jap guitarists.

hmm if u want to include bassist.

billy sheehan!!!!!!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hendrix all the way. That man couldnt have been human I tell you....the way he made that guitar shriek was insane. As for a guitarist thats still alive I'd have to go with Karyn Kuhl from the band "Sexpod". Shes like the female Hendrix. just listen to the song "Waterfall".....i guarantee it'll blow your nuts clean off.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dimebag Darrel, James Root, Mick Thomson, Paul Gray. the only ones i can really think of that i like.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast