Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Female Soldiers

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Female Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X
    "War is a man thing. Women seem to think that the military is some kind of chauvinistic club house, and they want in. Battles are REALLY serious and men are just better soldiers than women when it comes down to fighting. We have better endurance, strength, stamina and don't suffer from 'women' problems. It's not sexist... it's logical."
    I don't really want to be a soldier, but when 'Mr.X' said that to my face (or something close to that) during a class debate, I was really annoyed. If a female wants to fight, I don't see the problem in just letting her do so... but at the same time... 'Mr. X' does have a good point and a strong argument. Even in this digital age, soldiers need to have superior physical abilities.

Women have already shown that they can fight, but people seem to have some deep reservations about sending girls off to war. But then is it really 'okay' to send boys off instead?... what is your opinion?

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I hate to say it but females are smarter then men some times. I mean If they want to be a solder let them be its not a crime to fight for your country.

Newbie Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not a girl but i still agree, women have just as much right as men to fight for their country. But if you think about it, most men have been sexist since the time when they knew that together men could overpower what women have to say. I personally am not sexist, i fully support females having as much right as men.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    see but the point being said here is not about equal rights or not, it's about sending our country's best specimens over to fight

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel's Avatar
    Thanks
    It still fits into equal rights somewhere, somehow.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are many more ways to serve your country then simply fighting on the front lines. If women want to fight i say train them and disciplin them and treat them like any other man, but if women are truely smarter overall then let them be the Hipachi repairers or the medical officers or the military intelligence. If all else fails let them be human mine detectors (slap from nowhere) ow, i was kidding.

From my personal experience though, men are better at teamwork and leadership. I'm not saying women aren't good at those things, just saying a big group of men will respect being told what to do a lil more. Women tend to find one person of a group they like and stick with that person as best friends and gossip about the other women behind their backs while men like to stick with a whole crowd and if they don't get along they just brwal with eachother untill its settled, while women tend to hold grudges.

Not being sexist (i think) just knowledge from my personal experience, mainly from what girls have actually told me in person. This one girl i knew who played volleyball was telling me how the guys at volleyball would support weaker players and help them out while girls would tend to scold players who mess up and aren't as supportive.

Please feel free to argue with me all you want, now i feel bad for dissing on girls. Girls rule YAY!!! (another slap from nowhere) ow what was that one for!!
    Last edited by Juice; Feb 17, 2005 at 04:00 AM.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Thanks
    Man, are you okay? You have a fair point, but what the hell was with the slapping?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is a subject that I have discussed often. As I mentioned earlier I'm an ex-military brat so stuff like that strikes close to home. Every man I have spoken with in the military about women in combat are VERY against it. They know what they face and don't want a woman to go through that. That isn't a slam but out of respect. They care to much.

Historically there have been female soldiers. Not commanly in this country but there have been cultures where women were expected to be soldiers until they were married (at which point it was expected that they would defend their home instead) or even as simply the first line of defense. Historical documents record the Romans being terrified of running into all female units. Their viscousness was wet-your-pants intimidating. So precedence is there.

I do not believe that mothers should be soldiers. When you bring a life into this world you take on responsibility that I believe transcends all others (speaking as a mother). Also as a female I do believe women can be very good soldiers but that it requires a very different mindset then that of a nurturer, an opposite mindset really. I also think that for a woman to go in combat they should be required to have birth control (not the monthly stuff, the shot that works for years). If a woman is captured the chances of her being raped or so high they don't even bear calculating. Unfortunatly in the world these days it happens to the men as well but at least they don't have to worry about getting pregnate.

This brings me to one of my pet peeves, the dumbing down of requirments in the US in order to allow women to qualify. (See Niledhel, equal rights do come in the picture.) They did it with firefighters and they have done it with the military. It is more important to some people that women be equally represented so they force the rules to be changed so the women can qualify without having to actually be qualified. This isn't some business or a golf club. We're talking about the MILITARY! The people who are supposed to be defending our lives. I don't know about you but if my life is on the line I'm more concerned about whether they can do the job then whether the 'team' is politically correct.

Final point: (sorry it's taken so long but I had alot to say on the subject)

If women are capable of passing the requirments at the same level as the men and wish to set aside their lives to defend their country then more power to them. Men and women are different and have different strengths and weaknesses. If we are honest and just allow them to qualify there will be areas in the military that will find themselves made up of more of one then the other, that's natural. From the studies I have read very few women would qualify for combat based on physical requirments (before they were messed with) however it may just be a matter of time before most combat pilots are women. All I ask is that the qualifications be the same and based on the job necessities. But I'm not holding my breath.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast