Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Female Soldiers

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would agree with Arianna, and that was what I was saying. If all the men are not as good as the women, then we send women to war it's just that simple.Even in WWII, the women was part of the war. Not sure whether they might have actually picked up arms, but what they did was magnificient.

There are still a lot of supremists out there who can't take the fact that women are capable to become soldiers. Anyone seen John Travolta's "General's Daughter"?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm all about equality and i think if a female wishes to become a soldier, then she should definately have the right to do so. Altho.... i can see why alot of people wouldnt want females to fight in wars.....alot of male soldiers that are in the military now and even ones from the past agree on one thing...they say that they couldn't stand the sight of a dead female on the battlefield. I can agree with that point of view. But i also think women should be able to do what they want. Sort of hard for me to answer......

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I seem to be the only member of the military (well, fromer member) to respond, and since I'm female, let me just give you my thoughts.
    I was in the Air Force, and my job was going to be in intelligence. I say was going to be, because about halfway through boot camp, I had some serious medical problems and had to be discharged. As for how i got a job in intelligence, well I had to take the ASVAB, the military test, kinda like the SATs. And Arriana, I don't know where you got the idea that standards are lowered for women, we all had to take the same test, males and females. However, to get into the Air Force, you had to have a higher score then you would for the other branches.
    I know a lot of people have problems with women fighting and dying in wars. But if a woman makes that choice, then she has the right to do so. It has nothing to do with intelligence, strength or anything else like that, because you get trained for your specific job, whether it be intelligence, medic, or combat soldier. And if you can't cut it, meaning if you can't meet all the requirements for your job, you won't do that job. This goes for men and women. Because I heard a lot of stories of guys who couldn't make it as armed solders, and they had to switch jobs, go to something like a desk job. There are plenty of women who can make it as soldiers, but there are rules (at least in the AF there are) that women can't take part in combat. It was just recently that women have been allowed to fly the aircraft. And they still can't fly combat planes.
    I agree that mothers shouldn't be a part of combat. But if a woman like myself, unmarried and no children, decide that I want to be on the front lines, then if I can prove I can do it, I should be able to. Unfortunately, I don't think the rules will be changed any time soon. It goes against tradition, and a lot of people who have never even been in the military can't be convinced otherwise.
    Again, this isn't a matter of 'men are better than women'. If women actually got the chance to fight, I'm willing to bet there wouldn't be any differences in who fought better, who can make better decesions, or works better in a team environment. Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses. Not all men are cut out for combat, just as not all women are cut out for 'desk jobs'. My aunt was also in the Af, and she worked on and repaired the aircraft. She couldn't stand sitting at a desk. But in this matter tradition will always prevail. Women will not get equal job opportunities in the military.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my opinion, if a Woman wants to serve, far be it for ANYONE to tell them that they can't.

My father is in the Military, and is a member of the 2nd Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry (Currently Located in Winnipeg, but the Regiment will be relocating to Shilo, Manitoba), and being a military dependant for the majority of my life, I've had the opportunity to meet several female Career Infantry soldiers. And I can tell you, god help the enemy who meets them on the battlefield.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have no problem with women being in the military, however I will say this, in terms of strength and brute force, strictly speaking from a biological point of view, man are more capable of doing heavier and more exhaustive work, however if any woman wants to fight for what she believes in, then be my guest, anybody can stick up for what they believe in.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    First and foremost, I must say that I am not a sexist, neither am I prejudcial by any means. What I write in the following is not a lambasting of either sex, but a personal recount and a series of conclusions drawn to with critical thinking.

In terms of piloting of aircraft, women make far better pilots than men. It's in the genes. Genetically speaking, women have a slimmer chance of having optical defects and have a better capacity than men to keep track of multiple variables in a physical form. Women make better snap decissions and have a better ability to project a physical variable's inteded direction and so women make better pilots.

In terms of being captains on a ship, women, again, take the gold. Women are simply better at planning. Whether this aspect is genetic or learned through our culture and society, women are more apt to think critically about a situation than a man and in the context of leading a ship, women are simply better and making sure everything is running, and in the context of war, women are better at planning attacks and directing assaults.

The same can be said of Generals as ship captains.

But when it comes to the grunt work and hard labor, Men are more able. Because of lack of breasts, men have a greater degree of movement in the upper body, which is far more important in combat that in planning or directing. Men are more capable of developing a greater upperbody strength by virtue of physical build and design. In terms of the pelvis, the pelvis of women is designed for one purpouse, birthing. It is wider and more round for the purpouse of providing space for an infant to grow and pass through the body. Because of the wider hips, women are slightly less stable.

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    I don't really want to be a soldier, but when 'Mr.X' said that to my face (or something close to that) during a class debate, I was really annoyed. If a female wants to fight, I don't see the problem in just letting her do so... but at the same time... 'Mr. X' does have a good point and a strong argument. Even in this digital age, soldiers need to have superior physical abilities.

Women have already shown that they can fight, but people seem to have some deep reservations about sending girls off to war. But then is it really 'okay' to send boys off instead?... what is your opinion?
    Well for one thing, alol of the females that I have seen in my hometown or in towns nearby... they all go off to becone soldiers for their country and I think How in hell are they going off to become a soldier? They'll never make it. They leave looking like some flimsy, whiny girls and end up coming back very muscled out and disciplined beyond what I ever thought they could have been (if that makes any sense).

But if a female is more than willing to go out there and risk a life or a limb fighting... then I am more than willing to let her go. Because Goddess knows I am not going out to become a soldier. Props to them...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    I hate to say it but females are smarter then men some times. I mean If they want to be a solder let them be its not a crime to fight for your country.
    Aye. Sometimes women are stronger than men. There are many cases when men survive a war and come back mentally damaged. Women can handle more pain that a man at that.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast