Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Female Soldiers

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    And Arriana, I don't know where you got the idea that standards are lowered for women, we all had to take the same test, males and females. However, to get into the Air Force, you had to have a higher score then you would for the other branches.
    From people in the military who have complained about it including a few Generals. I didn't say that women had a different test only that the test/reqirements had been changed because of complaints by equalist that there were not enough women in the military. So the reqirerments were changed in order to allow more women to qualify physically. It concerns them because these same people are pushing for women to be brought into combat in all branches and levels. Even with the changes not enough women would qualify for front line duties if they suceeded, so they are also trying to get the reqirements lowered even further. For some reason several high ranking officers feel this would compromise the quality of our soldiers. (Sarcasm intended.)

That is what I take exception with as well. The standerd was there for a reason, I have no problem with women in the military or even combat as long as our security isn't comprimised in order to stroke the ego of a few equalists who don't understand the concept of earning your status and position.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    One thing that I do find rather strange is that the SS (Selective Service, or draft board) requires only that MEN of the age of 18 register as draft candidates.

True, applying for conciencious objector status, a beaureaucratic process of which I have all the paperwork, can get people out of the draft if they do not feel that they can moraly serve in combat. Whereas men must register as a conciencous objecter to avoid being drafted, women can avoid the draft simply by being women.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Niledhel
    I'm not a girl but i still agree, women have just as much right as men to fight for their country. But if you think about it, most men have been sexist since the time when they knew that together men could overpower what women have to say. I personally am not sexist, i fully support females having as much right as men.
    I agree with Niledhel here...i mean...girls have just as much motivation as guys do i mean...there are guys out there that wanna be gurls...why not gurls wanna be guys? I dont have ne problems with sending over women to fight for our country..im not sexist either...i actually respect women because not only are they able to do what men do..but they possess the same potential as us to do just as we do...i respect women and treat them like i would my friends that are dudes always obliged to help them out and not afraid to ask them for help..

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    To Sib:

One thing that you could say in response to "Mr. X" is the following:

If war is supposed to be "a man's thing," why is it that the Greeks and Romans worshiped Athena and Minerva, respectively, as the Goddess of glorious combat? (Aries/Mars was the God of War [note the difference between combat and war]).

If war is supposed to be a Man's thing, why is it that Athena, a woman, competed against Neptune, a man, for the nameship of Greece's capitol city and won.

Why is it that the French army in the 100 years war was beaten continuously deeper and deeper into France until Joan of Arc, a girl, took the lead and commanded the French Army.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun17
    One thing that I do find rather strange is that the SS (Selective Service, or draft board) requires only that MEN of the age of 18 register as draft candidates.

True, applying for conciencious objector status, a beaureaucratic process of which I have all the paperwork, can get people out of the draft if they do not feel that they can moraly serve in combat. Whereas men must register as a conciencous objecter to avoid being drafted, women can avoid the draft simply by being women.
    That's because draftees go to the front line usually and women still aren't sent there.
    (See ffgirl23 post above.)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jkun17
    To Sib:Why is it that the French army in the 100 years war was beaten continuously deeper and deeper into France until Joan of Arc, a girl, took the lead and commanded the French Army.
    Yeah whats up with the french anyway, the few wars they have won are the wars against themselves. If you look up French Victories on Google it asks "did you mean french defeats"

Back on topic, I think its because Joan of Arc pretended she was a guy, and probably because she had the faith of god on her side.

In my opinion, being a guy, we want to fight, but not for ourselves, but for our women and childrens safety. We want to protect them and keep them safe, and the last thing we ever want to see is a beautiful womens dead face. I guess its just because we respect them so much that we dont want to see them out on the battle field. On a final note, however, its not our place to tell women what to do, if women want to fight we should respect that, but we just want them to be safe.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    After having a little more time to think about this, i also realize that having men and women together in combat can lead to some compromising situations. Men and women who haven't been with a member of the opposite sex (or same sex, as the case may be) for some time, and being in a very stressful situations...well, lets just say the accusations, if not the actual cases, of sexual harrassment would skyrocket. And even if the situations were consentual, it could lead to serious problems. soldiers are only human, so their desires could get in the way of their duties. Both for men and women. Of course, this could be solved by simply having male only and female only combat teams, but when you're in boot camp, you train co-ed, so that would defeat the purpose of the whole teamwork thing. I think taht, despite the best intentions of the young women who would gladly die for their country in combat, it just won't happen. Too much tradition, waaay too much politics, and the overall idea that we don't need female soldiers when there are plenty of men already in the service (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I say if they want to go let them. We had a similar debate in a PoliSci class last semester and girls were bitching about not being included and looked down on and then when asked if they would join most of them said "hell no." I think girls are just as scared as guys and theres alot of guys that dont want to do it, so if girls do sure why not let them instead. I believe in them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast