Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Female Soldiers

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    In 2005 I think it's just stupid to think that women can't be soldiers. Many women have proven themselves time and time again in the military either on the frontlines or in the departement of intelligence. Women are just as capable as men are. Granted, we may not be as physicaly strong as our male counterparts, but we can best them in other departements like intelligence. And I think that if proper trained, a woman can fair better under stress that a man can I mean, just look at some mothers, they could very well be a commander in an army.

Sexism is stupid and I really dislike people who think like that.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think it matters, cuz really only the individual person male or female can choose whether they are one of the best damn soldiers ever, or just another wimpy # in the enlistments. I think it doesn't matter which group is supposibly more mentally able or more physically able, cuz there's always exceptions. And besides, if we're being bombed by enemies and are in a great deal of trouble, I don't give a shit if a 10yo is helping defend, just friggin HAVE someone there! The more the merrier right?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    After having a little more time to think about this, i also realize that having men and women together in combat can lead to some compromising situations. Men and women who haven't been with a member of the opposite sex (or same sex, as the case may be) for some time, and being in a very stressful situations...well, lets just say the accusations, if not the actual cases, of sexual harrassment would skyrocket. And even if the situations were consentual, it could lead to serious problems. soldiers are only human, so their desires could get in the way of their duties. Both for men and women. Of course, this could be solved by simply having male only and female only combat teams, but when you're in boot camp, you train co-ed, so that would defeat the purpose of the whole teamwork thing. I think taht, despite the best intentions of the young women who would gladly die for their country in combat, it just won't happen. Too much tradition, waaay too much politics, and the overall idea that we don't need female soldiers when there are plenty of men already in the service (and I don't mean that in a bad way).
    That is the main reason women still aren't in 'combat'. They tried integrating women on navel ships on long hauls and had to send three women back who became expectant mothers (and not from spouses). I believe women used to train seperatly in boot camp but the same people who are trying to push the lowered standards and women in combat also pushed for them to train co-ed. These same people are pushing for them to become completely co-ed. Same quarters and showers etc. Just what do they think will happen then?

Historically in cultures where women served in the military as a matter of course they did so in their own units with female commanders etc. Think they knew something we don't?

As for Joan of Arc, she was quite a woman. A person like that only comes along once in a lifetime.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    The sexual barrier is indeed hard to get past. Quite frustrating it is too!

Newbie Yeager the Great may be famous one day Yeager the Great may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    ......however it may just be a matter of time before most combat pilots are women. All I ask is that the qualifications be the same and based on the job necessities. But I'm not holding my breath.
    With the last generation of manned combat aircraft already in production. The role of the combat pilot will not be going to either a man or woman.....but an autonomous computer in a UCAV.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    Females have as much rights to fight for what they believe in and for fighting for something they feel strong about. So Ladies are able to fight side by side with the guy's.
    We may seem fradigile (sorry 4 spelling) but we are strong and can be really competitive!!!

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks
    I don't anyone doubted that, but there's complications, like being in same boot camps and such things...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I don't quite get what you what you mean??????? Could you explain a tad more!

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast