Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Few Neon genesis Evangelion Questions

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

A Few Neon genesis Evangelion Questions

I was just doing homework, and I saw a picture that reminded me of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I thought about the series for a while, and I noticed a few questions that I would like to ask if anyone knows them. Please list if it from the anime or manga. Just to let everyone know, I am speaking from the anime view, but please tell what happens in the manga if you know:

1.) In episode 18, when Bardial, the 13th Angel, invaded Eva Unit 04, could Toji have felt the pain, when his Eva was taken over, if Shinji, Asuka, or Rei actually attacked him, or when the dummy-plug did attack him?

2.) In episode 19, when Asuka tried to netrualize Zerual's, the 14th Angel, A.T. field, how come it did not work?

3.) How did Shinji's mother die?

4.) Could someone please list what the first, second, and third impact are?

5.) Does anyone know who cut the NERV's power off during episode 11?

I may add more questions later.
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Nov 08, 2005 at 08:56 PM.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Few Neon genesis Evangelion Questions

Grumble Grumble Grumble AAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!

An obvious Spoiler thread.... Moving...

Having recently viewed the Plantinum edition.

3.) The episode where Shinji disappeared inside EVA-01, it was mentioned that their rescue attempts were based on a previous incident involving Shinji's mother, which was not a successful rescue. There is also a reference to this in the movie 'The End of Evangelion' which explains where the mother's soul went...

5.) Not stated, but in Episode 11, there is speculation among the staff that the goverment may have cut off all power to see how NERV would react as part of military intelligence gathering...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite possibly my favorite series of all time. I still don't quite understand it, and I've seen it almost a dozen times.

1. Concidering that the pilots felt what the eva felt, yeah, Unfortunitly. In the manga though, Touji Dies, in the Anime, He only loses a leg.

2. She just couldn't, the angel was too powerfull, and Asuka, having as much pride as she does, thought she could.

3. Len Answered it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Ge...#Second_Impact

First Impact

The First Impact is the meteor impact that occurred around 4 billion years ago which caused the Moon to split from the Earth, according to the giant impact theory, shown in a document in the seventh episode of the series. It is speculated that the "meteor" in question would be the Black Moon of Lilith, burying itself into the Earth by dislodging an equal amount of mass, thereby creating the White Moon, referred to as the Egg of Adam. The real life speculation is that a planetoid called Orpheus orbiting at a distance between that of Earth and Mars smashed into Earth I (the planet Earth before the First Impact), causing part of the smashed-together planets to separate and coalesce, eventually becoming the Moon. Some erroneously say that the First Impact was the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event, but there were no dinosaurs 4 billion years ago. Another erroneous speculation is that First Impact was God's destruction of mankind described in the Noah's Ark story, as this appears to fit more with the series in that all the other impacts destroyed most of Humanity, seemingly for its sins; but there were no humans 4 billion years ago.

The First Impact is never shown in the series or movies.

Second Impact

A cataclysm which followed the "contact experiment" conducted on Adam in the South Pole on September 13, 2000. The awakened and injured Angel created a strong anti-AT Field which caused an explosion that melted the Antarctic ice cap and caused a shift of Earth's axis; climate changes and gigantic floods followed. As a result, wars broke out due to scarce food and resources; these conflicts spread all over the world, and were ended on February 14, 2001 by signing what would be later called "The Valentine Treaty". By the end of these events, the human population of earth was halved.

Officially, there was no Adam and no "contact experiment". According to the cover-up, the Second Impact was caused by the impact of a meteorite that was too small (about 4 inches wide) and too fast (95% of the speed of light) to detect. A remarkably detailed description is shown briefly in the series in a text book, though it is highly unlikely it can be all read within the short period that it was exhibited.

Third Impact

An event precipitated when Ikari Gendou places Adam inside of Lilith, causing AT-fields to disappear and the subsequent merging of all souls into one. This takes place in the end of the series in the movie The End of Evangelion.
    5. Len Answered it.
    Last edited by aceman67; Nov 09, 2005 at 01:22 AM.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

It's all been pretty much answered, but I'll add my two cents in too.

1. It's a bit of a mystery, but I heard another interupatation online about Touji and Unit 3.... that the angel cut off all the synch control Touji had with the Eva so he couldn't pilot it, and probably didn't feel any pain either because of that (think of what happened when the Dummy plug was activated in Unit 01)
    His injuries/death came from the fact that the Dummy plug, was physically crushed by Unit 01. That's my idea anyway.

5. There's also I theory I've heard, can't remember all the details of it..... but that Seele actually had something to do with the blackout as well. Seeing how they invade NERV in the movie, and basically used NERV through out the series... doing something like that wouldn't seem too unusual.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

One of the bonuses of the 'Platinum Edition' was the 'Animetics' (used to time planned scenes and the overall episode length) for the 'original' intended episode 25, not the one that was created due to budget short falls... (half way through the original TV showing of the series, the major corporate sponser pulled out due to 'differences' with the direction of the series. This led directly to the quality problems with the unpolished previews and the infamous episodes 25 & 26) Almost all the scenes in the intended episode 25 does show up in the 'End of Evangelion' movie, so this is evidence that the movie should be considered the 'TRUE ENDING' for the series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Adding a few more questions:

6.) What was that thing in the suitcase, that Kaji gave Gendo, which was in a suitcase? I think it is the heart of Adam, but I am not sure.

7.) What did Gendo say to Ritsuko in the movie, that was not heard in the scene where he shoots her? I heard you can only hear it in the Japan made version of the movie, but I only have the American one.

8.) Do we ever see Eva Unit-04, the Eva that blew up in Nevada, or does anyone have a picture of it? Did it have a pilot?

9.) What's an S2 engine? (I think it is an body organ that helps the Angel live, but I'm not sure)

10.) Does the S2 engine help Evas in any other way besides unlimited time of being active?

~Kiss
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Nov 11, 2005 at 01:08 PM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    Adding a few more questions:

6.) What was that thing in the suitcase, that Kaji gave Gendo, which was in a suitcase? I think it is the heart of Adam, but I am not sure.

7.) What did Gendo say to Ritsuko in the movie, that was not heard in the scene where he shoots her? I heard you can only hear it in the Japan made version of the movie, but I only have the American one.

8.) Do we ever see Eva Unit-03, or does anyone have a picture of it?

9.) What's an S2 engine? (I think it is an body organ that helps the Angel live, but I'm not sure)

10.) Does the S2 engine help Evas in any other way besides unlimited time of being active?

~Kiss
    6.) That WAS Adam in a cryo-genicly frozen embryo state.

7.) No one but the people who made the movie know that, and the creators want it to stay that way.

8.) Eva Unit 3 was the one that Unit 01 killed. Unit-04 was the one that blew up in Navada, and eva's 5-9 (I think its 9) are the EVA's from the movie that Asuka kicks the ass out of.

9.) Think of the S2 engine as an Organic Cold Fusion generator. Unlimited power.

10.) That is the entire point of the S2 engine, having unlimited power.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    8.) Eva Unit 3 was the one that Unit 01 killed. Unit-04 was the one that blew up in Navada, and eva's 5-9 (I think its 9) are the EVA's from the movie that Asuka kicks the ass out of.
    Yeah, I meant the one that blew up in Nevada. My bad. I changed it at the question.

~Kiss
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Nov 11, 2005 at 01:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast