Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Few Neon genesis Evangelion Questions

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Few Neon genesis Evangelion Questions

14. i think berserker "mode"(?) happens when the pilot is under extreme stress and the desire to live is at its greatest. that's my thought anyway.

I have another eva question: what IS a lilith????
    Last edited by mechataku; Nov 22, 2005 at 12:58 PM.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua001
    I have been reading this form and came up with a quetion. where dose Rei's soul come from? I thought she got singis mothers soul and just didnt remember for some reason.
    I mentioned it in my above post.
    Rei is a clone of Yui (Shinji's mother) and Lilith. So yes... it is brought up in the series that Rei does have rather distant memories of being Yui.

In answer to mechataku's question... Lilith is the second angel.
    Lilith is that giant white thing that is down in Terminal Dogma on the cross... which everyone thinks is Adam until Kaworu points it out otherwise. She is said to be the mother of humainty, and was the first wife of Adam whom was exiled from Eden in Jewish mythology. Rei was also made from her, LCL is her blood and during Third Impact, all human souls return to her.

14. I think I finally remembered the berserker thing too... mechataku is right, but it also has to too with the being (soul) inside the Eva (in Unit 1's case - Yui and in Unit 2's case - Kyoko (Asuka's mother) and their will to protect their child.
    Also when Unit 00 went nuts, it's been a theory that part of Naoko (Ritsuko's mother) is inside that Eva. Which would explain why Unit 00 seems to go crazy every now and then whenever Rei or Shinji is inside it..... since Naoko did hate Yui after all.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Nov 22, 2005 at 04:49 PM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mechataku
    I have another eva question: what IS a lilith????
    Also as a side note, Kaoru pointed out that humans were called Lilums. I think it had something to do with humans being Lilith's children since she was the mother of humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    Also when Unit 00 went nuts, it's been a theory that part of Naoko (Ritsuko's mother) is inside that Eva. Which would explain why Unit 00 seems to go crazy every now and then whenever Rei or Shinji is inside it..... since Naoko did hate Yui after all.
    Also, I think it would be apparent if Naoko's soul was in Unit 00, it wouldn't work for Rei well since Rei did insult her, get killed by her, and is like a reincarnation of Yui. Also as for Shinji, I think it is just because he is related to Yui, but it is weird how Naoko doesn't hate Gendo, even though he had insulted her, but had an affair with her.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3