View Poll Results: IS FF Advent Children Overrated?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, totally I agree

2 11.76%
  • No, definitely not

15 88.24%
  • I have no opinion

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FF Advent Children is Overrated

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

FF Advent Children is Overrated

This totally proves my point without any further argument:

This URL is CITIZEN KANE, an ALLtime Classic
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033467/

And here is the URL for FF Advent Children ~
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385700/

The users alone on IMDB have rated FF Advent Children ONLY 4 POINTS BELOW CITIZEN KANE! I haven't seen Advent Children, but I've heard enough about it to know that there's a lot of fighting in it.

In any case, this shows exactly where our society is heading. We've come to the point when people are disilluding themselves with "Eyecandy and action" versus the meaning and logic of classics.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Re: FF Advent Children is Overrated

There wasn't as much fighting as you might think, there were some slow moments, peaceful times, important conversations and such, not all that much different from what the storyline of the game would have followed I guess, since it isn't an independant movie. I'd say the fight with Bahamut was my favorite part, but that's just me, and y'know, great effects are what make people remember a movie unless the story was godly, so I don't see anything wrong with that, I'd rate Advent Children a personal 9, out of 10.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh there's so much wrong with this thread, let's list some things kiddies.

This is a thread saying FFVII:AC is overrated from someone who hasn't seen the movie yet. Thus he has no opinion or right to an opinion.
    Your logic is that because it is rated high, almost as high as... Citizen Kane? That it is overrated...

Lets see... Citizen Kane.. ahh yes, I remember this movie, a classic indeed, had many groundbreaking features in it. Use of pans and angles, lighting was all top notch.

For 1941.

You compare a super high quality CGI Japanese action movie to a black and white American... I don't even know, what it's a Drama, right? And you complain that FFVII, because it is 4 points LOWER than your 64 year old film that it's OVERRATED?

Lets not even get into the fact that it's not out in America yet, so the only people who have really seen it are the type of poeple you see around here, fans of japanese media.

Oh and I just noticed this:
    Final Fantasy VII: 3,793 votes
    Citizen Kane: 66,315 votes

Waaah. I rest my case.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    I'm going to let this stay open merely to teach you a lesson here.

This is a thread saying FFVII:AC is overrated from someone who hasn't seen the movie yet.
    Your logic is that because it is rated high, almost as high as... Citizen Kane? That is is overrated...

Lets see... Citizen Kane.. ahh yes, I remember this movie, a clasic indeed, had many groundbreaking features in it. Use of pans and angles, lighting was all top notch.

For 1941.

You compare a super high quality CGI Japanese action movie to a black and white American... I don't even know, what it's a Drama, right? And you complain that FFVII, because it is 4 points LOWER than your 64 year old film that it's OVERRATED?

I rest my case.
    Well said.
    Anyhow, as for FF: AC being overrated; who are you to say?
    Fact: You haven't seen the movie.
    Fact: You compared the movie to, as Raven said, a 64 YEAR-OLD film.
    Fact: You claim that because the rating of FF: AC is LOWER than your dust-fartin' film then obviously FF: AC is overrated.
    Fact: Ignorance like that of which you have displayed deserves a penalty of execution.
    Fiction: You're smart!

What you've done is say that everyone should like what you like and because a rating on a website shows that people in fact like other things than what you "approve", then it's overrated. It's not possible that it's actually a good movie, it's just an overinflated, overrated, truly not good movie though 3,793 people who have voted on a single website say it is in fact a good movie.
    Sorry to say it, but not everyone shares your opinion. As for your opinion, you haven't one. All you've got is a personal idea as to what the movie MIGHT be like and from that you're deciding whether or not you like the movie. Last time I checked, that's called prejudice.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Oct 10, 2005 at 10:53 AM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Also let's not forget that Citizen Kane itself has been considered one of the most overrated films ever. I think the movie is fabulous and was quite innovative for that point in time, but it's blown way out of proportion.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

this thread is ridiculous :\ thanks for ruining 20 seconds of my life making me read it. Give me back my 20 seconds now before I sue you (people sueing for stupid crap being whats REALLY wrong with society)

on a side note I totally hate that spiderman 3 movie it just blows, oh and so does king kong, oh wait I haven't seen them yet how can I say that heh /end sarcasm

course I was amused about the bit of how society is going down because of this movie ^_- I would say that was one of the funniest things I ever heard but just the other day a guy said

"anyone who buys a plasma to play games on is an idiot and it shows he's got bad character"

I never before realized that a persons character was based solely on their choice in HD televeision sets lol

had to ramble it was more entertaining than the thread itself

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that everyone is entitles to an opinion whether they have seen something or not. It's a free world, remember? HOWEVER: Having not seen the film gives ZERO validity to your case. (As everyone has already said)

And in what way does Citizen Kane possibly have ANYTHING to do with Final Fantasy??? NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Ok.
    Why do you care if people approve of this movie?
    You haven't seen it, so that lends your case no validity.
    Citizen Kane is a classic.
    Classics were made to be remembered, so go ahead and reminisce.
    This is a new movie.
    There's no way you could know, but maybe in 65 years this movie will be a classic.
    Ya know?
    You're predjudiced.
    Just wait until the movie comes out, sit down and watch it.
    If you don't like it, good for you.
    It is, after all, your opinion.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast