View Poll Results: IS FF Advent Children Overrated?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, totally I agree

2 11.76%
  • No, definitely not

15 88.24%
  • I have no opinion

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: FF Advent Children is Overrated

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: FF Advent Children is Overrated

Nice flamethrower Hassun, I think that'll help out plenty.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I am probably going to get crucified for saying this in an anime forum, but while AC is not overrated, it certainly did not live up to its hype. Imagine if the dvd rip was not leaked and we have to wait for another few months for it, then would AC still be that kick ass??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by white_shadow
    Let me start with this. Final Fantasy 7 IS overrated. Yes, it is great but it is sad to see these bunch of n00b gamers suddenly call this the best rpg ever instead of one of the best rpg ever. Go out and buy Fallout 1 and 2, kiddies.

oddly FF7 got me into RPG'ing as I was casual before, and see how I'm definitely not a n00b to it having one of the first copies around and the Fallout series completley uncaptivating to me that kinda throws that thinking right out the window. Greatest or not it dawned in a new age of how rpg's were perceived and took them out of their boring state that made me loathe them for so long. overrated because of some who dont know what they are talking about sure, but it deserves much of the praise it gets regardless of people who dislike it simply because they dont like the hype.

yours is an angle not the gospel

and besides it was originally only going to be an hour, I'm happy with an hour and 40 minutes. You can't fit a story like what FF7 had into a small block and they didn't try. So works for me, sure its lacking but I haven't seen many movies that didn't require a little thought by the viewer to fill in some blanks and I sure haven't run into movies with plot holes, no definitely none of those around /end sarcasm.

it is what it is take it or leave it
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Oct 10, 2005 at 05:50 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku white_shadow may be famous one day white_shadow may be famous one day
    Thanks

SE didn't bother to fit a decent story in AC because it was meant for you FF7 fanboys who will be like;

OMG! Cloud's swords were so cool!!!111

Sephiroth is baaaackkk!!11

The battle is 1337!!11!!

Pfft. Whatever works for you guys.

For the average movie go-er/otaku/gamer like me, pretty visuals just ain't cut it if it's not accompanied by a good storyline. >_>
    Last edited by white_shadow; Oct 10, 2005 at 06:25 PM.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by white_shadow
    SE didn't bother to fit a decent story in AC because it was meant for you FF7 fanboys who will be like;

OMG! Cloud's swords were so cool!!!111

Sephiroth is baaaackkk!!11

The battle is 1337!!11!!

Pfft. Whatever works for you guys.

For the average movie go-er/otaku/gamer like me, pretty visuals just ain't cut it if it's not accompanied by a good storyline. >_>

ok so since I'm not like the 3 stereotypical examples and am just as "average" as you explain again. So now since I enjoyed it I'm now suddenly in the "sephiroth is baaaaack" crowd right? "pfft" indeed
    I agreed with some of what you said but hard to accept such a generalizing opinion that throws everyone into either super "fanboy" or "average movie goer"

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    ok so since I'm not like the 3 stereotypical examples and am just as "average" as you explain again. So now since I enjoyed it I'm now suddenly in the "sephiroth is baaaaack" crowd right? "pfft" indeed
    I agreed with some of what you said but hard to accept such a generalizing opinion that throws everyone into either super "fanboy" or "average movie goer"
    Don't even bother arguing with him. The fact is this, there are people who like the game, and people who hate the game for its hype, these are the people who are angry because Fallout 1 or 2, or FF6, or whatever other not-as-well known RPG they support didn't get as big a spotlight as FF7.

There are fanboys, sure. I'm not really a FF7 fanboy, FF7 isn't my favorite RPG, hell, it's not even my favorite in the FF series, but I still enjoyed the movie a lot for what it brought to the table. I enjoyed the game for what it brought to the table as well.

Then you've got anti-fanboy fanboys. People that are just as obsessed as the youngest squeeling inuyasha fangirl who just saw her 3rd episode of the series on adult swim, only anti-fanboy fanboys are obsessed with hating it. They're as immature as a hardcore fanboy and nothing you say will get your point across. If you give the game/movie/whatever they hate a 7/10 or higher you're instantly a flaming fanbitch of the series.

That was bigger than I expected, but all these anti-popular posters on forums and junk just piss me off with their whining.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy Advent Children was totally made for the fanboys/fangirls out there. Come on, they had so many little things in the movie that only a true fan of the game would've noticed, i.e. how one of the Sephoroth clone babies cell phone had the ring tone to win the battle in the game.

Does that make it bad? No. Obviously it was made for the fans. What the heck are people who aren't fans of the game going to get out of it? They wouldn't understand it at all. Its fine the way it is. I wanted to see the whole gang back, I wanted to see Aeris, I wanted to see cool limit breaks, I wanted to see Sephoroth fight Cloud. Did it all deliver? Hell yeah! If I wanted an intense storyline I'd go replay the game. But the movie is just fine the way it is.

Oh and I'm not even going to touch the Citizen Kane arguement. I think other people pretty much shared my views already, aka that you can't compare these two movies at all.

Newbie Kenerve may be famous one day Kenerve may be famous one day Kenerve's Avatar
    Thanks

From my point of view, i found Final Fantasy Advent Children rather enjoyable. The battle scene was great too (remember it is fantasy). It also live up to fans expectation (Unlike Final Fantasy Spirits Within) however controversy is bound to happen. I heard many friends describing Cloud as girlish looking and that the movie lack in depth. But who cares really, as long as the girls are hot and the movie is entertaining, it gets my vote.

Though i am rather dissapointed that the show only last for 1hour 45minutes (I want more!! Tifa and Yuffie please)
    **If U EvEr GeT LoNlEy...LoOk At ThE SpAcE BeTwEeN Ur FiNgErS AnD ReMemBeR ThAt MiNe FiT TheRe PeRfEcTlY..**

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast